Please read the entire post before applying. Those who do not answer the requested questions will not be considered for the position. |
DeviantART°s Marketing department is seeking a self-starting Marketing Assistant who wishes to join a team of geeky individuals and assist in all levels of workplace organization.
The ideal candidate would be all four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rolled into one.
Leonardo - A leader in project management:
* Keeps track of follow-up action points from meetings and conference calls
* Performs follow-up with other employees related to their projects and tasks
* Researches and documents new products, business ideas, services, and events
Michaelangelo - A dude in tune with listening to the community:
* Monitors online community issues, trends, and activity
* Assists with writing and proofreading internal and external communications
* Assists with the development and execution of new promotional campaigns
* Data collection and analysis
Raphael - A cool head in the workplace, carrying out administrative duties with personal flair:
* Organization of work calendars, appointments, meetings, and scheduled calls
* Assists in prioritization of emails, calls, IMs, and other communications
* Researches and books travel arrangements
* Document organization, filing, and scanning
* Maintains department contact list and ensures details kept up-to-date
* Performs other related tasks and special projects as required
Donatello - A team player who knows their way around a computer:
* Must be *HIGHLY* computer and Internet savvy
* Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and Photoshop a plus
* Strong working knowledge of basic programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Excellent English communication skills
* Incredibly competent and imaginative writer
* Self-motivated, driven, and able to articulate his/her vision
* Must be able to multitask, have a positive attitude, and sense of humor
* Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
* Must exercise good judgment in handling confidential/sensitive information
Ideal candidate does not necessarily need to love the Ninja Turtles, but the type of person who does would fit in quite well here. Plus, we offer these benefits:
* Salary commensurate with experience
* Healthcare and 401(k) benefits
* Potential for stock options
Along with your resume submission, please answer the four questions below in your cover letter:
1. Are you a member of the deviantART community? If yes, what is your username?
2. Name two social networks or blogs sites that you are an active participant on.
3. Explain the difference between Alexa.com and Digg.com.
4. What is your favorite TV show (past or present) and why?
A few more helpful hints:
DO NOT apply for this position if...
* You°ve never seen °Trololololololololololo Man° or don°t know what a Lolcat is.
* You can°t name at least half of deviantART°s user symbols.
* You don ’t know basic HTML.
* You can°t work from our Hollywood, CA headquarters. (This is non-negotiable.)
* You°re not at least 18 years old.
DO apply for this position if...
* You°re someone who wants to work a company that values its employees and offers an excellent work atmosphere.
* You know your Internet memes.
* You like things that are funny.
* You°ve read this job description carefully and are an expert at following instructions.
DeviantART.com is home to the largest art community on earth. Home to over 27 million registered members and over 270 million unique artist generated works of art, deviantART has established itself as the online capital for creative interaction where artists and art lovers are able to share, teach, and even sell the products of their digital imagination. This innovative web-based environment redefines the boundaries of art and technology and has created unparalleled opportunities for artists to promote and profit from their work. It is also a massive social network with visitor and page view totals that place deviantART in the top 100 of all trafficked websites on the Internet. DeviantART is based in Hollywood, CA.
deviantART - 19 months ago