This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Sysco customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company.
This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
Essential Duties: (essential functions are in bold)
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors'' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers'' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Lift/carry laptop and product weighing 1-40 lbs, occasionally up to 75 lbs, to and from car, warehouse, customer locations, etc.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (e.g., delivery mispicks, out-of-stocks, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 YRS Foodservice sales experience
- 6 months of outside sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree
- Reside in geographical vicinity of territory
- Valid driver''s license with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000 is required
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts degree
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience
- Previous Sysco experience
- Basic pc skills and proficiency with MS Outlook
- Restaurant management / chef experience
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
SYSCO - 12 months ago
As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and frozen meat,...