Scope of Responsibilities
Responsible for day-to-day management of marketing campaigns for PreK-5 product line with emphasis on Leveled and Guided Reading Programs including, but not limited to, the execution of marketing plans, management of budget, and ability to leverage strategic market opportunities.
- PreK-5 products include Branded Libraries, Early Childhood products, Traits Complete, and Individual titles and Collections
- Leveled and Guided Reading Programs include Guided Reading Fiction, Nonfiction, Content Areas, Leveled Bookrooms, TRIO, Momentum, and upcoming Guided Reading Text Types and F&P Comprehension Collections
- Facilitate and execute innovative marketing plans through multiple channels including web, social networking, direct, catalog, and field.
- Track promotional expenses to ensure adherence to budget along with ROI.
- Work with Web team to maximize visibility and sales via scholastic.com.
- Analyze campaign performance and website traffic data to determine success across all marketing initiatives. Continually test, analyze and optimize campaigns, creative, targeting, landing pages, and email programs.
- Understand competitive marketplace and help to guide publishing efforts to offer new and innovative choices to customers.
- Train and support the sale force on products and sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with the sales, editorial, and inventory departments to recommend formats, packaging, price points, and timing based on market trends to maximize sales.
- Attend and support conference marketing activities as needed (travel approx. 10% of time)
- Build relationships with authors and work with them to promote programs.
- Work with internal departments to develop bundled upsell/crossell product offerings.
Specific Experience and Skills
- Creative and strategic thinker with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Publishing background, children’s literature/educational publishing a plus
- Experience working with Sales representatives
- Understanding of school market (PreK-9)
- Proven ability to turn strategic plans into tactical execution
- Knowledge of online, social media and viral marketing best practices
- Familiarity with metrics and how to use them to improve current marketing efforts
- Self-starter that flourishes in a fast-paced environment
- Two to four years of marketing experience, preferably in school market
- College degree, Marketing emphasis a plus
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong team player
Once upon a time, a company grew up to become one of the world's leading children's book publishers. Scholastic Corporation sells...