The Marketing Systems Administrator (MSA) establishes, implements, and manages processes required to populate and update the internal database for Cengage Learning products. This database houses product information database feeding our internal product catalog, the creation of sales tools, online eCommerce sites, and discipline web sites, and is the basis for all promotional information for each title.
As an MSA, you are responsible for collecting, entering, and updating product information into the database in support of Sales and Marketing, internal and external web sites, applications and initiatives ; this includes managing data day-to-day information flow and troubleshooting data related issues through collaboration with respective discipline and other teams and reporting/data analysis.
- Proactively work with the Cengage Learning database development team and Marketing staff to prepare data for product promotion
- Upload and maintain product information in accordance with established standards and practices. Utilize Crystal Reports, MS Access, and ERP system for reporting, list management, acquisitions, and metadata creation and management
- Act as point of contact for all external/internal customer questions relating to online catalog issues; Oracle produced sales tools support, and product set-up issues as they related to online product catalogs and applications
- Establish and maintain processes for collecting new and updating existing product information. Evaluate and use the data to continuously improve workflow and suggest enhancements. Monitor/implement stakeholder feedback and suggested changes to ensure customer needs are addressed.
- Foresee and suggest improvements/changes to our internal database and data processes
- Manage special projects and other initiatives as requested
- 1 – 2 years relevant experience with marketing business systems and/or data entry
- Experience with database uploading, management, and use, reporting tools, and spreadsheet software
- Experience with business systems and web requirements
- Track record of managing and reliably delivering multiple projects with overlapping deadlines, providing service to multiple discipline teams, while maintaining the highest degree of quality and customer focus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 4 year degree
- Experience with Access and/or Crystal Reports
Cengage Learning is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
CengageCareers Account Login
If you do not remember your password click here .
Back to Search Results
Cengage Learning - 16 months ago
Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library...