KCP&L, a wholly owned subsidiary of Great Plains Energy Incorporated, is a leading regulated provider of energy-related products and services for homes, businesses, industries, and municipalities in the Kansas City metropolitan area and surrounding region.
Education & Experience
This position requires a Bachelor
¿s degree in Mass Communications, Marketing Communications, Public Relations or related field and at least 3-5 years experience in communications, marketing or related field. Agency experience preferred. Knowledge and experience of external communication practices. Experience in utility or energy industry is preferred. Off-hours commitments and availability will be necessary at times.
¿ Flexibility and ability to operate in a sometimes ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment.
¿ Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and familiar with Desktop Publishing and presentation software. Experience with CRM, CMS and EMS systems preferred.
Special Background, Experience
* Writing and editing strategic communications plans and other communications deliverables. Solid understanding of and ability to optimize content for various communications channels to drive results.
* Knowledge of visual communications (photography and video) with ability to direct the creation of these communications.
* Solid understanding of and ability to apply content marketing strategy and execution. Some proven experience preferred.
* Proven ability to think critically and solve marketing communications problems.
* Developing project management skills. Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities under short timeframes and quick turnaround times. Ability to manage several projects at once with attention to detail and follow-through. Ability to anticipate issues and head them off. Ability to anticipate audience reaction to strategic communications initiatives and recommend course corrections or confirm direction.
* Proven ability to work independently and make progress while keeping supervisor appropriately informed and consulted.
* Meets deadlines. Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
* Must demonstrate interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate and influence internal partners. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Some basic financial and budgeting knowledge
Brief Description of Duties
Responsible for coordinating internal and external communications projects to advance corporate strategic initiatives. Works with internal clients in other departments to identify communications needs and help create and implement communications plans to meet those needs.
The major challenges of this position are to accomplish corporate communication objectives by creatively and effectively employing the capabilities of all available communications vehicles.
Effectiveness is measured by meeting communications objectives, as defined for specific projects and initiatives, on-time and on-budget and according to communications industry best practices.
Contacts are company-wide and at nearly all levels, plus external contacts with suppliers, and various production providers.
By submitting your application, you certify that all the information provided in this application is true to the best of your knowledge and belief and you understand that any material misrepresentation, omission, or falsification of any information provided on this application, or any other documents submitted to KCP&L in the application process, if discovered at any time during your employment, will be considered grounds for immediate discharge. Any information provided is subject to verification. KCP&L is authorized to verify any of the information you have provided, and you release from any and all liability all persons or companies that provide such information. You further understand and agree that your employment is "at will" and may be terminated at any time with or without cause at either your option or that of the Company.
Kansas City Power & Light - 13 months ago
Great Plains Energy is sweeping the fruited plains with electric power. The holding company serves about 823,200 electricity customers in...