Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As our Marketing Communication Director in Global Transition Management, you'll ensure the successful execution of marketing communication programs and campaigns that build awareness, understanding, commitment and ultimate adoption through a strategic portfolio of technology and process projects. You will develop and execute a comprehensive marketing communication strategy and plan that supports continued growth for the Global Transition Management discipline.
You will be part of a larger Global Transition Management Center of Excellence (TMCOE) that includes change practitioners, marketing communication and training. You will work closely with a global community of Marketing Communication Managers working on program and project teams. You will be accountable for driving the continued growth of that community, own the talent pipeline for finding talent and building the marketing communication capability, interacting with that extended team to assess and guide program critical success factors including: compelling and relevant employee experiences, use of common methods and tools, two-way audience/stakeholder engagement and qualitative/quantitative measurement of communication effectiveness. You will be responsible for creating and documenting innovative tools and methodologies for the community that create compelling experiences for employees. At times you'll have coaching and mentoring engagements with Marketing Communication managers who are in critical roles or new to their jobs. You'll be asked to identify marketing communication needs within the business and support the talent pipeline requirements needed to successfully execute. 389371
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Business, or a related field is preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 8 years specific experience involving marketing, advertising, public relations/corporate communications
- Experience working for a large consumer brand or agency that has supported a large consumer brand
- Extensive experience and understanding of the principles of marketing communication strategy and planning
- Expert in developing messaging architectures, brand positioning and writing and editing for multiple mediums including print, web, advertising, articles, and general public relations.
- Strong collaborative skills to work across varied stakeholder groups
- Global, cultural and intercultural competencies
- Ability to learn and build credibility quickly, and collaborate with virtual teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including highly refined public speaking skills and the ability to manage challenging public discussions effectively
- Successful track record working with executive level professionals to drive results
- High level of proficiency in using desktop tools for communication and analysis, including MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel, SharePoint and Web Ex
- Knowledge of Nike business processes and systems strongly desired
- Knowledge of large scale change programs strongly desired
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite highly desirable
- Must be able to show portfolio of work and experience directly tied to individual work
Accountabilities for the position include:
- Manages team and sets team and individual goals that align with department and function goals.
- Coaches and mentors staff and community, creates opportunities for staff development, makes hiring decisions, drives performance management, recognition and rewards.
- Owns talent pipeline for incoming resource requests from portfolio.
- Drive continued growth of, and collaboration within the marketing communication community supporting strategic portfolio.
- Develop and manage execution of strategic internal communication strategy and plan to build awareness and capability of Global Transition Management, including Marketing Communication.
- Manage the budget and resources (internal and external) associated with the execution of the marketing communication strategy.
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from Nike.
Have we piqued your interest? Good, then a generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
As soon as you post your resume, our technical recruiter will be immediately notified. We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike - 9 months ago
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....