Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric. As a global specialist in energy management, we are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Global Functions has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Design Manager in our West Kingston, RI facility. The primary role of the design manger is to assist the Global Art Director with the adoption and promotion of the Schneider Electric graphic charter by providing art direction and training to agencies and newly onboarded entities, and supporting the creation of new graphic guidelines. To be considered, submit your application to requisition 32250 at http://us-careers.schneider-electric.com.
sUMMARY OF JOB
The primary goal of this position is to provide centralized design direction, guidelines, and art direction to ensure that the work being developed internally and externally (with a special emphasis on asset creation that is part of the agency governance model) supports best practices for response, corporate brand guidelines, and corporate strategy.
The design manger will be responsible for supporting the creation of new design tools such as templates, usage guidelines, and training content. Also, analyzing and improving existing tools. The design manger will work with account management teams, regional design managers, external agencies and other business partners to support design process improvement. The creation of quarterly communication achievement announcements and updating of the comm's development portfolio will be responsibilities of the design manger as well.
Design standards and tools
• Creation of new guidelines
• Improvement and updating of existing guidelines
• Develop Indesign templates in accordance with standards and best practices and with input from regional design managers
• Research new design trends and styles which may improve and evolve our platform
• Quarterly communication development achievements
• Support quarterly communication of campaign results
• Train new agencies and onboarded entities on our platform and design best practices as needed
• Art direction review of agency created assets escalated by the operations teams
• Support the creation of design related training content
• Campaign art direction with internal teams if support needed by regional design managers
• Support design process improvements
• Coordinate design competition award submissions
? Brainstorming on campaigns with regional teams as needed
EDUCATION—MINIMUM REQUIRED LEVEL:
•Design/Management/Prepress/Marketing/Business or related field BA or BS 4+ yrs
5-7 years as a Sr. Print or Web Designer with 3-5 yrs In-house or Agency Experience as a Design Manager, Art Director, Creative Director OR Marketing Communications Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS —REQUIRED:
• Project Task and Time Management
• Concepting and Art Direction
• Leadership and People Management
• Full understanding of print design and production (and or Multimedia) methods for advertising, event, direct mail, collateral etc.
• In-house resource allocation, project direction and vendor management
• Strong demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
• Presentation skills
• Thorough knowledge of communication planning and budget development
• In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Excel, Power point, Word, Microsoft Project, Video editing Software experience, Flash, HTML (based on discipline)
• Excellent written and oral communication, Technical documentation writing
• Process Management
• Relationship Management
• Strategic Branding
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 10-15% travel may be required to train new entities and agencies face-to-face if needed
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.