Want to work in a startup-like environment that already has a very strong brand , has 36M monthly unique visitors and is one of the top 25 web properties and doesn’t worry about making payroll?
MapQuest is moving beyond only maps and directions, looking to transform itself and retake it’s rightful place as an industry leader in the mapping, local discovery and travel space. In order to finish the transformation to a fact-paced innovation machine, MapQuest is looking to add talented and energetic people. Located in beautiful Denver, MapQuest offers a fast-paced, creative work environment with perks that only Colorado can offer.
If you want a challenge and the chance to be a part of potentially one of the greatest turnaround s stories in the tech industry, this is the place for you.
As the Marketing Communications and Event Associate Manager, you must be very digital and social media savvy, extremely detailed oriented, and a power-house in getting stuff done quickly and professionally. You must be energetic, positive and outgoing.
As an integral member of the marketing team, you will be responsible for the execution of media and influencer outreach, event planning/managing, blog writing and content creation, among other things. This role involves media/blogger outreach, coordinating with external agencies and in-house Corporate Communications, managing all of the details around events, working events (will require some weekends, evenings and travel), and ultimately helping to build the MapQuest brand, both online and off.
While every day as is different, this is what your responsibilities include:
1. Communications and media relations – Assist in developing the overall media strategy, creating and managing effective and highly engaging campaigns, manage media relations, build new relationships with key media influencers, constant proactive and reactive media management, and making sure that MapQuest is part of the dialogue amongst media. Work closely with corporate communications and outside vendors.
2. Events and event planning – Detailed planning of events, creating event promotional materials, managing and attending events (often outside of 9-5 hours) and coordinating attendees for events.
3. Content creation - Writing blog posts, creating video blog posts, writing articles, newsletters, email campaigns, managing print ad development, and developing material for social media channels.
4. Social Media Support - Work with Social Media Manager to support campaigns, assist in prizing, and help coordinate with on-going efforts.
5. Analytics – Track and monitor the effectiveness of PR, social and event initiatives using PR and social media measurement tools, CRM tools, Hitwise, Omniture and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics and ongoing recommendations on how to improve those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
3+ years PR, events marketing and online marketing experience
Demonstrated experience and results with PR, social media and reporting (Travel Industry experience a plus)
Highly organized with ability to multi-task
Great written and oral communication skills
Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills
Familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint
Affinity for learning new technologies
Ability to develop creative and engaging campaigns (some Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint)
Strong relationship building skills, including ability to inspire others
Strong project management skills
Ability to generate creative ideas and continuously iterate for improvement
Experience working in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to be flexible, think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail
Positive, energetic, can-do, professional and responsible attitude
Independent and self-directed yet also team oriented personality
Travel Industry experience a plus
AOL - 21 months ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...