At Telmate, were building tools and services that help increase communication and education while reducing recidivism to those incarcerated in secure facilities. Our products help those on the inside keep that vital connection to the ones they love on the outside.
We have offices in California and Oregon and bring advanced end-to-end solutions to government facilities of all sizes with nearly 200 installations across 40 states and 2 Canadian provinces. With a client footprint across the US and Canada, over 5 million users benefited from our product in 2012, and we have been growing by 40% every year for the last six years.
Come be a part of a team thats creating cutting-edge solutions for communication in a niche industry.
San Francisco, CA (Financial District: Montgomery & Washington)
Telmate is seeking a Marketing Communications Manager who has solid hands-on experience across all elements of the B2B and B2C marketing communications mix preferably with some experience in telecommunications, enterprise software, SaaS, VoIP, video conferencing and mobile applications. While an established and rapidly growing company, our marketing team is relatively new and this is a new position. This role represents an exciting opportunity to be involved at the beginning of forming an important marketing function.
Reporting directly to the CMO, the Marketing Communications Manager will be involved in the creation of marketing plans, campaigns and programs to meet corporate objectives for lead generation, market awareness, product launches and customer communication across all business units. The Marketing Communications Manager will be responsible for the companys external messaging, as well as the development of collateral material and web and social media content. You will serve as the companys primary contact for external media and work directly with our correctional and detention facility customers in managing their press and public outreach regarding Telmate products and services. You will also be responsible for Telmates advertising and managing the messaging and communications aspects of our tradeshows and events as well as work directly with our CMO to build and managing the Telmate brand.
- Be a resourceful, self-driven problem solver
- Plan, develop, execute and measure marketing communications strategies to support business objectives for lead generation, market awareness and customer communications
- Writing and message development for collateral material, online content, keynote presentations and speeches
- Create, manage and execute the full mix of marketing communications activities including: public relations, trade shows, industry events, webinars and seminars, social media, advertising, email marketing, and collateral materials including brochures, data sheets, fact sheets, case studies, white papers, newsletters, signage and other sales support tools.
- Conduct market research on, and provide analysis and reports on, competitive companies, products and services
- Assist in identifying and developing CRM plans
- Manage outside agencies and contractors
- Able to travel up to 20%
Professional Experience Required
- Minimum of a 4-year degree in marketing or related field
- 5+ years of marketing communications experience in B2B telecom/software products or services
- 2+ years of experience in managing social media marketing
- Proven written and verbal communicator (writing samples required)
- Experience in planning, managing and the timely execution of software product launches
- Established press and social media contacts
- Experience in managing social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience in brand management and success in building brand equity
- Experience with using the basic office productivity tools in an Apple Macintosh environment (Keynote, Numbers, Pages) as well as the Microsoft office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Personal Attributes Required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate communicator who excels in written and oral presentation
- Self-starter and hands-on attitude
- Highly motivated and ambitious
- Strong organizational skills
- An eye for design and layout with a clean, modern design esthetic
- Advanced editing, proofreading and composition skills
- Customer relationship management skills
- This position is not budgeted for relocation
- This position requires in-office presence with minimal work-from-home opportunity
- Must have US Citizenship or Green Card
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago