Bayer CropScience (BCS), a subgroup of Bayer AG is one of the world's leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, seeds and traits. The company offers an outstanding range of products and extensive service backup for modern, sustainable agriculture and for non-agricultural applications. Bayer CropScience has a global workforce of 20,700 and is represented in more than 120 countries. Marketing We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. The Marketing Communications Manager will develop and implement Bayer CropScience US marketing communications strategies and plans driving toward our goal of being a best-in-class customer-oriented marketing organization. This manager will educate, guide and partner with internal managers and outside agencies to develop and implement innovative communications strategies, plans and metrics that drive brand loyalty via traditional and digital channels. The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate strategic thinking and problem-solving skills and exhibit the capability to lead and coordinate complex, business-critical projects, working with multiple departments and agencies. Team-building and leadership skills required. Strategic and tactical marketing/communications competency and a successful track record of building and managing business-critical communications projects is a must.
The incumbent will:
Note: Salary and grade level will be commensurate with experience and/or education level.
- Develop and execute brand/market communications strategies, plans and metrics that enhance brand awareness, relevancy and loyalty by delivering solutions-based content and services using all relevant mediums;
- Guide and partner with strategy and marketing managers, other marketing communications managers, corporate communications, customer strategists, commercial operations and agencies to ensure all tactics and messages are consistent with enterprise, brand and market objectives and strategies;
- Manage all aspects of relevant brand plans to deliver on-time and on-budget results. Ensure agency resources are delivering best in class communications in a cost and time efficient manner. Optimize ROI on advertising budget;
- Remain up-to-date with changes in industry standards and technology that affect communications and implement best marketing practices;
- Provide strategic consulting services, disseminate information and provide training for internal and agency audiences on communications tools, industry trends and notable advancements in relevant technologies;
- Partner with corporate communications in the implementation of enterprise-level strategies for PR, tradeshows, etc;
- Work with corporate communications, global branding, legal and regulatory to ensure compliance with corporate standards and guidelines.
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- B.A./B.S. in marketing, communications, agriculture or general business, with a minimum of 5+ years of experience (depending on grade level);
- Understanding of marketing, communications, and research/metrics planning and implementation processes and practices;
- Ability to independently translate analytical findings into practical implementation plans;
- Proven quantitative analysis skills;
- Team building and leadership skills;
- Presentation skills;
- Traditional, digital and social media knowledge and experience;
- Key strengths in using computer software.
Bayer is an innovation company with a more than 150-year history and core competencies in the fields of health care and agriculture. We...