Molecular Devices, LLC provides one of the widest ranges of bioanalytical systems for life science and drug discovery research available from a single supplier. Our systems are built on proprietary technology platforms that deliver high performance, flexibility, and reliability. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for innovative systems, tools, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery.
Responsible for design, creation, and delivery of marketing communication programs to support the Reagents business objectives worldwide. Activities include managing layouts and designing of communications such as advertisements, brochures, newsletters, event support materials, and press/media outreach to the life science community. The position will develop key messages and review outbound materials to ensure consistent messaging and alignment. Accountable for planning and execution of marketing communications deliverables, including management of vendors and writers and legal/compliance approvals.
Working with a cross-functional, will support biochemical and cell-based reagent product portfolios to create sales presentations and provide internal reports regarding new products, market trends and competition. In addition, will research and develop strategies to enhance product visibility and competitive differentiation. Expected to coordinate with central marketing communications group on the planning and execution of tradeshows and corporate sponsored events, including speakers, show management, lead generation activities. Will monitor qualitative and quantitative success metrics, implementing regular tracking infrastructure and processes to measure and optimize performance.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Exhibits strong creativity and resourcefulness.
- Ability to aggressively create innovative communication programs that generate results in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicates (verbal and written) new insight and ideas with cross-functional team.
- Equally strong communication skills to interface with researchers in the life science community.
- Proven ability to transform complicated concepts into simple messaging statements.
- Efficiently works under pressures, deadlines, and stretch extra hours to complete assigned task.
- Able to respond to changes in process, responsibility, or assignment quickly without losing sight of the overall goal.
- Strong agency management skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Self-confident and outgoing personality.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Life Sciences.
- Prefer 5-7 years experience in life science industry.
Molecular Devices is part of the Life Sciences & Diagnostics segment of Danaher Corporation. Danaher is a science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 59,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2012, we generated $18.26 billion of revenue. For more information please visit our website:
Marketing / Communications
North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Danaher - 16 months ago