The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for communicating consistent messages across print and electronic media, ensuring that key, strategic messages are communicated effectively to target audiences. Also produces, or acts as liaison with firms that produce, public relations materials, advertising, and marketing collateral. Develops Hayward's messaging platform, communications calendar and manage the company's marketing communications initiatives. Additionally, this role will interface internally and externally - working with product management on new product positioning as well as interfacing with industry champions, partners, and others to expand the company's brand presence across all media platforms including social media.
Additional work will include travelling to trade shows, customer events, and occasionally answering questions from a variety of end users and distribution partners. Successful candidate will be creative individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment with an outstanding work ethic and detail orientation. Candidate will also have exemplary communication skills and easily adapt to new challenges in a growing organization.
This is a high visibility position, interacting with all levels of employees throughout this rapidly growing, global company. We are looking for a highly skilled, highly motivated individual, comfortable working in a dynamic, fast moving work environment.
Major Task and Responsibilities:
- Provide writing and editing support for all outbound member communications including all promotional materials, website content, monthly newsletter and blogs
- Research and evaluate new product opportunities, demand for potential products, and customer needs and insights
- Develop and execute overall marketing strategy for existing product lines
- Work with product development teams to manage overall marketing campaigns of new products
- Strategically plan and manage launch campaigns for new products
- Manage the marketing into distribution channels for products
- Ensure consistent, effective, branded marketing communications including the company website, print communication, Social Media and advertising
- Manage social media function including strategy, insight on Social Media trends and opportunities and ongoing evaluation
- Analyze effectiveness of all marketing efforts
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team to create and manage cross-organizational, integrated marketing strategies
- Manage external ad agencies, PR agencies and other outside vendors such as Totally Hayward rewards program and Consumer Rebate program vendors.
- Coordinate communications projects with vendors and contractors for the development and production of educational event promotional materials, web site production and other collateral
- Review and edit existing promotional materials for marketing effectiveness, cross-selling implications and adherence to brand guidelines
- Manage and provide ongoing update to the brand guidelines and standards to encompass all media platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong / effective communicator; Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed, demonstrated team building skills; Ability to coordinate the efforts of a large team of diverse creative employees
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution; Commit to and promote continuous learning
- Demonstrated effectiveness in VOC (Voice of Customer), customer evangelism, and customer-focused product development and outreach.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Superior professionalism and judgment
- Strong work ethic
Background in Manufacturing or Consumer Goods industries. Five or more years of experience in marketing and Social Media with at least two years of management experience. Must have experience managing external ad agencies, PR and communication consulting firms and outside contractors. Experience in the global marketplace is a plus. Expert in Internet and social media strategy with a demonstrated track record. Prior association and/or international markets experience desired but not necessary.
Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment. Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required and experience with social media analytics software such as HubSpot preferred.
15 - 20% domestic travel
Provides direct oversight of the Digital Marketing Specialist and Graphic Designer
Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications, or a related field is required
Office environment at Corporate Headquarters
Please send your resume indicating the position in which you are applying, with salary requirements to: Eliz620HR@haywardnet.com .
Hayward - 14 months ago
We are the market leaders in the sector, advising more restaurant groups in the UK than any other accounting firm.
In a fast moving sector...