Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Marketing Communications Program Manager
Manages the development and successful implementation of Strategic Integrated Marketing Communications plans and associated programs for multiple Building Efficiency businesses. Assures that messages and strategies align with line of business strategic objectives and support the BE Strategic Plan.
The Marketing Communications Program Manager responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
People & HR Activities
- Develops strategic marketing communications plans to align with the needs of the businesses.
- Interacts with appropriate business leaders to identify and define business/market needs and determine appropriate marketing communications strategies and activities.
- Develops, executes and manages programs and activities in support of key communications strategies and plans. This includes collateral and multimedia development, key message development, Web and digital communications, e-mail campaigns, trade shows, customer events, advertising, internal communications and leadership communications support, integrated campaigns such as product launches and support of PR activities.
- Positions Marketing Communications team as a strategic resource and trusted advisor to internal clients, building credibility by bringing fresh marketing communications ideas that support and advance the goals/objectives of the business.
- Presents strategic and tactical communications plans to leadership and business teams.
- Briefs executive leadership for attendance at major events such as customer events, trade shows, and customer site visits. Includes development of speaking points and briefing books as required.
- Manages creation and execution of integrated customer communications.
- Develops relationships with customer and sales teams to ensure key messages and marketing communication strategies support both customer and company goals.
- Possesses strong business acumen around Building Efficiency and vertical and horizontal markets.
- Defines, manages, monitors and reports metrics that measure program and activity success.
- Interacts with other business areas as necessary to ensure communications strategies and programs are aligned.
- Works with global communications team members as required to align activities and share best practices.
- Researches, designs and implements appropriate programs to support the marketing communications activities of the Branch/Regions/Field Offices, including advertising, public relations, and trade shows.
- Champions brand-positioning efforts in support of the Johnson Controls value proposition, corporate brand standards, and communications policy to protect valuable Johnson Controls brand, image, trademarks and trade names.
- Manages relationships with outside vendors and ensures work meets quality, brand, schedule and budgetary requirements.
- Develops and manages MarCom budgets across assigned businesses.
- Manages other assignments as requested.
- Align with Johnson Controls Leader Expectation Model
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business, or equivalent.
Seven to ten years experience in industrial or business-to-business Marketing Communications.
Experience in strategic communications plan development and implementation.
Understanding of digital media including Web presence, social media and other electronic communications channels. Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
Travel is required.
Building Efficiency North America
Johnson Controls - 20 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...