The Marketing Communications Specialist is tasked with many aspects of organizing and implementing Cox Media's go-to-market communications as defined by the Director of Marketing Communications. This position, supporting both internal and external marketing, is responsible for the day-to-day activities that support managing the company's communications and key marketing objectives as Cox Media strives to meet internal and external client demands in a tiered service and multi-channel environment.
Provide support to the Director of Marketing Communications and foster company success in the ever changing advertising environment by:
SUPPORTING COX MEDIA'S GO-TO-MARKET STRATEGY:
1. Completing tasks assigned with Cox Media's go to market strategy that address the vision of lowering cost to serve, segmenting customers in a new way, adding channels to serve them, and reducing churn in all segments.
2. Creating and updating design elements, copy-writing, report templates and overall brand cohesiveness of sales collateral pieces (internal or external), competitive positioning materials and packages, campaign performance reports, and always ensures consistency of message.
3. Preparing graphics, one-sheets, metrics, charts and data analysis.
4. Creating, editing and publishing customer facing content for intranet, white papers and other collateral including Success Stories and Brain Shark videos.
SUPPORTING COX MEDIA'S MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS:
1. Under the direction of Marketing Communications Director, execute tactics to promote effective Cox Media communications, including but not limited to monthly newsletters to employees, video updates, conference support, etc.
2. Develops and executes various internal communications tools, including printed publications, intranet communications, employee meetings and events, videos, announcements, etc.
3. Provides tactical support to Senior Leadership Team communications efforts through copywriting and presentation development, as directed by direct supervisor.
4. Communications support on the planning and post-implementation of programs that touch multiple functional groups and stakeholders.
5. Develop and supports all high-visibility conference related communications collateral. Assists with planning and execution as necessary.
6. Owner of electronic internal communications tools like the Intranet, SharePoint, and social sharing tools. Works proactively to find new solutions for advancing tools in place.
7. Provides support as necessary to internal employee-level recognition programs.
8. Provides support as necessary for all organizational and industry recognition opportunities (CAB Awards, Cox Vision Award, EMMYs, etc).
9. Under the guidance of direct supervisor, provides support other functional communications as appropriate.
SUPPORTING OTHER MARKETING & CLIENT SERVIES INITIATIVES:
1. Leading and participating in cross departmental projects that support Cox media goals.
2. Demonstrating continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
3. Assisting in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
1. 2+ years of experience required in a Marketing or PR role
2. Able to demonstrate strong overall communication ability with an emphasis on written communication
3. Proficient use of MS-Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
4. Self-motivated and able to grasp new concepts quickly, comfortable and confident in an ambiguous environment
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred
2. Advertising Industry experience
3. Project management and B-2-B environment experience
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and commercial...