Marketing Communications Specialist
About the Overview:
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to participate in two of the fastest growing segments of the Internet – SaaS and the Cloud! Get in on the ground floor at Everbridge, the market leader for Incident Management and Communications solutions.
Everbridge is seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our dynamic marketing team as we work to share our unique view on how organizations can most effectively communicate and manage incidents.
The Marketing Communications Specialist, reporting to the VP of Corporate Marketing & Communications is responsible for content development for public relations/social media, reference marketing, product education, thought leadership and other miscellaneous writing projects. The candidate should be able to create professional-level content based upon detailed product documentation, partner resources, internal team communications, self-research and white board discussions.
Specific duties will include:
Technical and Marketing Competencies:
- Gather, write, edit, maintain and otherwise creates content for corporate and marketing communications content, including but not limited to: company website, brochures, case studies, byline articles/blogs, brochures, Q&A documents, social media campaigns, white papers, and press releases
- Obtain additional background information through research and interviews
- Manage content requests and submit deliverables on defined timelines
- Manage editorial calendar for original and curated content for company blog
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source
- Monitor and capture media mentions and prepares monthly media reports.
- Manage social media presence on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Interface with key external stakeholders on behalf of the company including the media, customers, the public and others
- Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences
- Proactively seeks out media opportunities and pitches stories when appropriate
- Assist in the management and coordination of all media communications and media relations
- Assist in the development of press kits and other promotional materials for distribution
- General editing
Understanding and command of social technologies to syndicate content, including but not limited to:
- Social Media
- Multimedia content i.e. podcasts, video
- Understanding of and/or ability to learn software programs such as, content management systems and marketing project management software
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or Marketing
- 1-3 years marketing experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills with an demonstrated ability to write compelling marketing focused copy
- Possess exceptional organizational, writing, and editing skills and have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and project-management skills
- Must have initiative, adaptability and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Adobe CS Suite 5.5, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel & Word.
- Results-oriented with a proven ability to deliver commitments on time
- Effective in communicating best practices and areas of improvement to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking and creative problem solving
- Team-orientation; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively and deadline-driven; high standards of excellence; desire to learn and grow in a fast-paced work environment
Everbridge, Inc. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard