The Marketing Communication Specialist is responsible for abstracting large quantities of complex insurance information and translating in clear and understandable language for various customer segments within the Individual Market. This position works closely with Sales, Marketing, Creative Services, Web Marketing, and Website teams to lead content development and production of materials for the Individual Market.
• Meet with Product developers and Sales team to develop a deep understanding of key customer segments, including both current and prospective customers for the Individual Market, and the associated tactical and strategic plans to drive sales.
• Responsible for construction, testing and refinement of call guides for telephonic communications to consumers.
• Assess customer (customer segment) needs through research, data and experiential insights; translate that customer insight into communications to improve the customer experience.
• Works independently and collaboratively with Marketing and/or Creative Services teams to create high-impact visual presentations and/or info graphics for business and direct-to-consumer groups.
• Collaborate with internal constituents such as Compliance, Legal, Customer support, Creative Services, Marketing, Sales and the Web Marketing teams to align direct-to-consumer communications with the broader departmental and corporate objectives.
• Write and review all communications to ensure that they support the Corporate Brand Standards and strategy through consistency of naming convention by region, brand positioning statement, messaging, tone, essence and implementation. Ties corporate marketing messages into the Web customer interface with brand attribution.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with these requirements.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Humanities or related field
• Minimum 4 years of total marketing, technical writing or copywriting experience with track record of increasing responsibility
• Ability to convince and drive receivers of communication to take action
• Collaboration and team building skills
• Superior English writing skills (proficiency in Spanish a plus)
• Experienced writer with demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts for the general public using a consumer-centric communication style (writing samples required)
• Highly skilled in plain language writing, information architecture, brand voice and story development, marketing communications, advertising or other related fields
• Experience and skill in creating high impact visual presentations and/or graphics
• Writing samples required
• Strong writing ability including style, techniques, grammar, punctuation, etc.
• Strong aesthetic abilities
• Technically savvy; able to learn and utilize web/publishing tools including:
o Microsoft office suite
o Adobe Professional and Web development tool experience a plus
o Awareness of different graphic packages available. Need not be competent at those packages.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard