Marketing employees are responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating marketing strategies and plans that drive profitable membership growth.
Job Required Education/Experience
- Primary marketing and communications consultant for assigned book of business for both internal and external customers.
- Independently develops, executes, and evaluates integrated marketing strategies for assigned customers in achieving business unit goal and objectives.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to develop integrated marketing plans targeted at members and prospective members and existing customers to drive profitable membership growth.
- Drives successful implementation including preparing creative briefs, reviewing and approving all technical and artistic phases of marketing collateral and materials development (print and online); tracking budgets and project deliverables/milestones; managing vendor and internal unit activities and preparing reports and communications on project status to management.
- Evaluates current marketing and communications strategies and tactics and makes recommendations to improve messaging, collateral, budget, and efficiency for assigned customers.
- Develops specific project plans to execute marketing plans including estimating costs, time schedules, resource allocation, production schedules.
- Ensures regulatory compliance pertaining to marketing collateral and language.
- Tracks how elements of marketing plan lead to achievement of assigned customers’ business goals.
- Analyzes results from marketing initiatives, campaigns; shares findings with management, team members and stakeholders; and recommends actions based on findings.
- Manages projects within budgets and on time.
- Budget responsibility limited to oversight of marketing budgets assigned to specific projects/customers.
- May provide direction to junior level marketing employees.
- BA/BS in a related field such as marketing or business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of eight years of marketing experience with at least two years in a health insurance environment. An MBA is preferred, not required.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing principles and practices including product promotion, placement, and pricing techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of health plans and insurance products, services and their financial drivers preferred.
- Ability to independently develop, implement, and evaluate marketing plans and processes, and recommends process improvements.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to design strategies in alignment with Company goals.
- Knowledge of legal, brand, and regulatory compliance requirements for marketing. Knowledge of the health insurance plans compliance is a plus.
- Ability to multitask with multiple deadlines and/or milestone requirements.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to use advanced features of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers.
Blue Shield of California is committed to remaining a drug-free work place. All positions require a pre-employment background investigation and drug screen. Blue Shield of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Blue Shield of California - 21 months ago
Blue Shield of California, an independent member of the Blue Shield Association, is a not-for-profit health plan dedicated to providing...