In early 2013, Netflix began to launch a slate of new original series including House of Cards, Hemlock Grove, the return of Arrested Development and Orange is the New Black, which will premiere in July.
The Marketing team is quickly growing and Netflix is looking for an Originals Marketing Coordinator to join the small, agile team of communications professionals
Responsibilities will include:
Assist the Originals Marketing Managers and Sr. Manager with full 360-degree Originals Marketing campaigns, from strategy and creative development to launch and execution including, but not limited to:
- Creative briefs to multiple agencies and creative development (print, out-of-home, digital, A/V, social media, collateral and promotions etc.) - Budget maintenance
- Work closely with Netflix PR, Marketing, Product, Content Licensing, and Customer Service groups to ensure Originals Marketing campaigns are optimized for efficiency and brand cohesion
globally across all of Netflix’s territories.
- Quickly develop a deep knowledge and understanding of Netflix brand objectives to effectively execute media and creative strategy and take ownership of creative development.
- Interact with and manage marketing agencies on a day-to-day basis, providing creative feedback that aligns with the Originals Marketing goals and objectives and overall Netflix strategies.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the distribution of assets with our internal and external departments/agencies.
The successful candidate will:
- Be capable of operating effectively and efficiently in a fast-moving, unpredictable media environment and managing multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline.
- Be effective at working with a broad range of partners and vendors within Netflix as well as external Marketing, PR and Media agencies.
- Demonstrate a desire and capacity to work in a newsroom-style environment that requires quick thinking, great calm, creativity, excellent taste, and a good sense of humor.
- Work as a connective thread across all Originals projects, which will be split amongst the Marketing managers.
- Show a marked interest in the entertainment landscape, especially television and movies, as well as technology and general pop culture.
- Show strong written, verbal and presentation communications skills. Additional skills may include the ability to actively listen, use logic to identify strengths, weaknesses and solutions.
- Be able to speak clearly in order to effectively communicate and actively listen is essential when working in the marketing field.
- Quickly learn to think on a global scale, and to consistently recognize how the Originals Marketing campaigns are deployed strategically and creatively on a global level (across all of Netflix’s territories). - Competitive analysis - Finance and accounting - Organizing media plan specs
- Minimum of two to three years content marketing experience within the entertainment industry that includes creative advertising and/or media planning communications. Ideal candidate will have experience working in a corporate, network/studio, or agency setting,
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ideal candidate should be conversant in a wide range of media platforms, general online PR and marketing strategies, and social listening tools.
- Love of movies and tv shows
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...