Coordinate and perform marketing activities of a shopping center property. Areas of responsibility may involve creating or contributing to a social, digital, and mobile media plan that supports the overall strategy of the center, posting, responding, monitoring, optimizing and providing general oversight of Mobile, Digital, and Social media channels; assisting with advertising; event development, implementation and evaluation; budget planning; visual merchandising; and public relations to increase traffic/sales under the general direction of the Marketing Director. Participate in property Manager on Duty scheduling as determined by property General Manager. (Charleston: perform administrative duties to support the Marketing Department as needed, and depending on the property needs, general operations, as well as Manager on Duty assignments.)
Essential Job Functions
1. Based on direction from Marketing Director, manage social media campaigns; monitor and interact with social media tools on a daily basis. Work directly with Corporate Interactive Marketing Manager and/or social media vendor to create ongoing strategies and implement new campaigns. Manage content uploads onto property's website and Facebook and Twitter Pages, among others.
2. Develop and coordinate special events and promotions that drive traffic and sales. This includes scheduling and attending on-property and off-site meetings with local groups and businesses in order to plan events for the property. May also coordinate activities of marketing and other workers engaged in the final set-up of various promotions and special events. 3. Contribute to the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and programs by collaborating in strategy meetings and providing new best-practices. Provide monthly and ad hoc reporting related to the effectiveness of marketing programs.
4. Assist with budget creation and management for marketing-related functions.
5. Marketing liaison with and/or supervisor of in-house and contracted guest services representatives, property tenants, temporary staff, and seasonal vendors. Provide continual communication and information related to marketing events and property-specific opportunities.
6. Provide administrative support for the Marketing Director and prepare marketing department billing and invoices for approval and payment. Create, edit, and proofread moderate to complex reports as well as other documentation including e-mail, ad copy, presentations, newsletters, press releases and spreadsheets. (Temecula: Assist other departments as directed by the Marketing Director and General Manager to reach performance thresholds for the overall property.)
Numerous and ongoing daily contacts with various departments, associates, tenants, local businesses, community groups, news media, and governmental entities. These contacts range from a simple give and exchange of information, to triaging inquires to appropriate area.
Has no direct financial responsibility. (Short Pump: Assist with income generation including: sponsorships, revenue and in-kind, assist with management of contracted employees where income is generated through retail sales (photo income, train income, and gift card program.)
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Business, Marketing, or related discipline is required. In the absence of a degree, directly-related job experience working in shopping center's marketing department, where a number of years and proven knowledge offsets the degree requirement.
In addition to the education outlined above, at least 3 years of experience in a marketing role for an established organization exhibiting the skills to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines, able to work through interruptions, and perform multiple tasks throughout the day.
Requires a self-motivated, team-player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-moving environment. Requires close attention to detail.
Relocation may be necessary to maintain position or promotion.
Travel for this position is less than 10%; rarely.
Associates are expected to come to work punctually every scheduled work day, presenting a professional and positive Company image in keeping with the objectives of the Company and the residents and/or tenants' welfare. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, functions, and/or responsibilities of this position. Other related functions and responsibilities may be assigned by the immediate supervisor as required to complete assignments or initiatives. Forest City reserves the right to change, add, delete or modify job functions as necessary based on business necessity. The Company or associate, independently, has the right to terminate employment at any time for any reason; employment is at will. This job description does not promise or guarantee continued employment with Forest City.
Drug Free Workplace
Forest City Enterprises - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -