This important position will work closely with the Central Division Management Team, other Marketing Coordinators/Assistants and report to McCarthy’s VP of Business Development. Exceptional writing, planning, computer, and administrative abilities required. Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
• Manages the proposal process, including coordinating the collection of project specific information and developing proposal content and other requirements to meet established guidelines.
• Produce project proposals independently, when required, with little supervision.
• Develops written promotional materials including project lists, project sheets, resumes, and market-sector brochures.
• Develops PowerPoint presentations and supporting presentation materials. Assists in Strategy. development for RFQ/RFP and presentations. Writing of detailed scripts for coaching and training of presenters also required.
• Performs specific market research under direction.
• Maintains detailed project, client and employee databases in Microsoft Dynamics CRM database and performs requested database queries/searches.
• Provides public relations support to PR agency and internal communications department.
• Follows up on leads generated by the VP of Business Development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field.
• Proven experience writing Science and Technology or related marketing proposals for the architectural, engineering or construction industry strongly preferred. (writing samples to be furnished at time of interview)
• Computer proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint.
• High level of proficiency in desk-top publishing (Adobe CS6, including In-Design, Illustrator and Photoshop) and CRM database management (Microsoft Dynamics preferred).
• Familiarity with construction and/or design preferred.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Strict attention to detail.
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple deadlines.
• Ability to transform technical information into clear, compelling copy.
• Possess a positive attitude with a strong work ethic and work well in a team environment.
• Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
• Some overnight travel required.