O'Brien & Gere has become more than an engineering solutions provider throughout our history of creating a better future since 1945. At the center of our story are clients ranging from advanced manufacturers to higher education, federal agencies, and municipalities.
These clients trust us to deliver sustainable solutions and integrate innovative technology to solve the evolving energy, water, environmental and facilities challenges of today and tomorrow. O'Brien & Gere is currently looking for a Marketing Coordinator in our Syracuse, NY office.
The Marketing Project Manager (MPM) leads proposal teams in developing strategies for responding to and preparing material for moderate to highly complex proposals, presentations, qualifications, and questionnaires (PPQQs), including SF 254/255 and SF 330 qualification forms. The MPM plays an active role in go/no go decisions. The MPM will provide guidance, supervision, and possibly managing other MPM’s and Marketing Assistants. The MPM may lead a variety of other marketing and communications activities. The MPM will take an active project manager role in assistance in the preparation of marketing promotional pieces (e.g., Fact Sheets, Standard Sections, Brochures, etc.) and market research. The MPM will lead a key market sector(s)/segment(s), region(s), brand(s), and/or service(s) as well as, support of an operational unit (i.e. business unit(s)) or support the Leadership Team from a marketing, business development, and strategic perspective. The MPM exercises independent judgment and discretion in directing the proposal teams and/or marketing programs to enhance the likelihood of winning projects and attracting clients. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to the following:
Skills and Qualifications
- Plans, organizes, develops and leads strategy for the production of PPQQs, including SF 254/255 and SF 330 qualification forms, in conformance with the Quality Management System (QMS) and reviews documents for their adherence to the QMS.
- Reviews PPQQs, including SF 254/255 and SF 330 qualification forms, to identify items to be included. Provides guidance to members of the PPQQ team in developing strategy to be used. Establishes production schedule and develops resource plan to ensure a timely response.
- Plays an active role in go/no go decisions and strategic planning for PPQQs.
- Leads and directs marketing, technical, and resource staff to define individual project requirements and to determine resources needed to produce project documents on schedule.
- Reviews and confirms that the resource plan is adequate to ensure all production milestones will be met. Establishes backup delivery plans as required. Follows up with members of the PPQQ team on the status of all proposal elements and expedites as required.
- Writes significant portions of the PPQQs (non-technical). Drafts written pieces, submits drafts for review, requests additional clarification, incorporates technical comments, creates final layout, edits and organizes all written technical materials supplied by support groups including organizing of chapters, tables, exhibits and attachments. Leads the process and production of the proposal components for final approval by Business Unit management staff.
- Identifies resumes of O'Brien & Gere staff that require change or updates.
- Updates standard materials, monitors these materials to ensure they are current and in conformance to established format, provides new write ups on projects for the project information database (PID), and provides new information for master resume updates.
- Collects information/data on projects and market areas which will be input into the PID and Standard Sections.
- Develops, evaluates, and implements innovative ideas to improve business development operations and the quality of products.
- Conducts in-depth interviews with technical and project staff to gather information needed to generate marketing material (e.g., newsletters, articles, profiles, special print pieces, advertisements, brochures).
- Leads marketing teams, providing ideas to team, informing team members of status of marketing materials and keeping marketing management aware of progress on all materials.
- May work in conjunction with other support teams to review market research, interpret data, and present findings to marketing management and/or technical staff. Monitor technical and business publications and distributes information to marketing and technical staff.
- Participates in hiring and selection of new Marketing Assistants, Coordinators, and MPMs. Develops and conducts training at request of marketing management. Mentors marketing assistants, coordinators and MPMs.
- Adheres to policies and standards set forth in O'Brien & Gere's QMS documents.
- Reviews information required for all aspects of the company’s submittals and helps to upgrade materials.
- Monitors activities and opportunities for their respective business unit(s), market(s), and/or branded program(s)and leads the Business Development Support activities.
- Provides review and quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) to Marketing Assistants, Coordinators and/or MPMs.
- Seeks out ways to participate in project work with key clients (project chargeable).
- Leads and seeks out marketing programs to lead that will enhance marketing, communications, and branding activities (e.g. SS, collateral, PID, resume, etc.).
- Attends Tradeshows, Seminars, and/or Conferences pertaining to the MPMs business unit(s), market(s), and/or branded program(s). Attends Seminars or conferences to gain outside perspective for marketing.
- Leads the efforts of social media for a business unit(s), market(s), and/or service(s). Will train other personnel in their practice area on these efforts.
- Seeks out opportunities within the company to find additional ways to lead and support the company on the production side of the business.
- May supervise/manage up to three other Marketing Assistants, Coordinators and/or MPMs.
- May have project chargeability goals for project work as a technical editor/reviewer.
- Regularly attends business unit, market sector/segment, brand meetings.
- May seek out sales opportunities through market research, relationships and networking, and/or knowledge of clients.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing or business) plus 7+ years experience (or 5 year’s relevant); or Masters degree (MBA or MS Marketing) plus 5+ year’s experience (or 3 year’s relevant).
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated technical skills in writing and reading in the English Language.
- Demonstrated technical skills in marketing research.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated organization and communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the nature of consulting work.
- Demonstrated understanding of each of the firm's main market sectors, business units as well as the reference sources and key publications available within each discipline.
O'Brien & Gere - 19 months ago