Marketing Coordinator Job Description
Varick Media Management is looking to add a Marketing Coordinator to the New York, NY team. This position will play a key role in coordinating marketing activities for VMM. The ideal candidate will have 1 to 2 years experience in marketing or online media. This role will report into the VP, Strategy & Operations.
- Act as the central distribution point for all marketing materials
- Create and manage the department’s POs and track departmental expenditures
- Accountable for taking notes during meetings, conference report generation and agency collateral materials, including brochures, case studies, employee bios, etc.
- Stock inventory of VMM collateral and presentation materials
- Coordinate and manage all presentation materials with design team and/or printers
- Manage agency documents ensuring they are current, including client lists, presentations, one-sheeters, etc
- Conduct research on competitors and provide briefs to the team
- Assist in the creation and writing of agency announcements and intra-agency correspondence
- Assist in the creation and execution and of marketing and business development activities including press, events and branding the physical office space.
- Provide Marketing support across disciplines, such as Partnerships, Sales, Account Management and Executive Management teams
- Project manage product rollouts, external communications including paid media and press releases, and freelance design projects
- Assist with the planning and coordination of a VMM-held events
- Maintain VMM’s social presence (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, et al)
The ideal candidate will have at least one to two years of experience, and exhibit the following attributes:
- Comfortable and personally active in digital media and social media space
- Engaged in advertising and media industry and news
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a professional manner in all dealing with customers, staff and others; ability to work in a deadline driven team environment
- Office administration skills, including general clerical skills (filing, typing, copying, phones, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Effective written communications skills, including skill in proofreading for grammar and spelling and editing
- Ability to keep all work-related information confidential as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Bachelors degree required
Varick Media Management is an MDC Partners Company. VMM was founded in 2008 to deliver on the promise of audience-driven media - the idea of...