Are you the "headline guru" at your company? Has anyone ever said you write damn good emails? We're looking for a strong copywriter to shape and enforce Atlassian's voice in all outgoing marketing communications, starting with email, newsletters and website copy. We despise cliches and jargon and a key part of your job is to keep them far, far away from our customers' in-boxes. Every email that we send will need your careful and considerate attention to voice, selling points and call-to-actions.
Imagine working in a place where you get to do what you love every day. We are a ten-year young company revolutionizing the way software is sold and used by businesses globally. We have over 23,000 customers globally including NASA, Sony, the Apache Foundation and the United Nations using our innovative products every day to help them collaborate and work smarter.
We are not your typical company and proud of it! If you join Australia's fastest growing global software company in our gorgeous San Francisco office, you can expect a fast paced and exciting work environment which stays true to our entrepreneurial roots. You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy and slow decision making, and we encourage creative thinking. We want to know your opinion on everything we do!
What You’ll Do
- Write email copy for product announcements, triggered emails, and company events
- Work with cross-functional teams (product, marketing, customer service, support, etc.) to conceive and develop content
- Work with technical staff to help develop content for new releases
- Proactively identify opportunities for using copy or content to improve the user experience
- A/B test email headlines, calls-to-action, and copy with email communications team
- Work with design staff to complement email copy with functional and compelling email templates
- Apply consistent use of brand voice across content types
- Develop internal reports to demonstrate communication effectiveness
- Assist with content development, writing, and copyediting for email, web pages, and more
- Help develop and reinforce company writing style guidelines
What You’ve Done
- 3-5 years experience in content marketing or ad copywriting
- 4-year bachelor's degree or equivalent educational background
- Demonstrated experience in writing for technical and non-technical readers
- Background in writing for marketing email, and/or hands-on A/B testing experience, strongly preferred
- Portfolio that demonstrates experience in different types of writing
Your Dream Job
Atlassian was named one of the "2010 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work for in America," and is a terrific place to work. Great products and a fantastic reputation in business and tech have brought in over 23,000 enterprise customers globally, including NASA, Sony, and the United Nations. With offices in Sydney, San Francisco and Amsterdam we are growing fast and full of opportunities. Check out this blog to see how Atlassian is revolutionizing the world of recruiting and HR.
We are building a different kind of software company: one that listens to client needs, values innovation and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. At Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on millions of users, fast! You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision making, because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions, we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
Love Going to Work?
We live our values and we value our people. You will work in an open-plan office filled with lots of natural light and a customized, ergonomic work station. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open, collaborative and playful. Maybe you'd like to participate in a lunchtime basketball game? Or would you rather head out for some rock climbing? If hunger strikes, head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit, snacks and more. We know that people work harder when they play hard too, so it's your choice how you'll make Atlassian a great place for you to work.
In addition to some killer perks, Atlassian offers excellent health benefits for employees and dependents, ample time off, 401(k), life insurance, huge referral bonuses, friendly coworkers, and a clear vision driven by pure intentions. Check out a short video created by Atlassian staff on our values.
" I love that Atlassians are killer smart, have amazing ideas that they love to share, . . . challenge the status quo on a daily basis, and are dedicated to making Atlassian the best place to work ever ." - Julie Rogers, Talent Team
Atlassian - 12 months ago