Marketing Copywriter |
The Marketing Copywriter will play a critical role within the dynamic athenahealth marketing & communications team, contributing to the ongoing production of engaging, smart, innovative, industry-leading, online and offline content.
This is an exciting, creative role within a fast-paced, fast-growing company, in a rapidly changing industry. The right candidate will have a solid track record writing clear, focused, engaging copy for ads, web (including mobile), emails, PPC, direct mail, social media and more, with a focus on driving athenahealth awareness and leads.
The right candidate has either worked as a copywriter in the healthcare industry, or is eager and able to learn the healthcare space and athenahealth audiences quickly. He or she must be able to translate complex industry concepts—and the unique athenahealth value proposition—into compelling copy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The right candidate instinctively understands the power of copy and design working in tandem, for both print and online environments, and has demonstrated experience writing for a range of audiences and media. This position will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Content.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as copywriter on a wide range of marketing-communications projects
- Working closely with marketing stakeholders to help achieve campaign strategy goals
- Helping edit copy contributed by freelancers and agency writers
- Working with in-house and freelance designers to find the perfect combination of copy and design for each asset, and within every campaign
- Collaborating cross-functionally to gather product knowledge, execute projects, measure outcomes, and refine approaches based on data
Requirements of All athenahealth Employees
- 3-5 years’ experience in copywriter role, either in agency or in-house
- Exemplary writing and editing skills in both online & offline media (portfolio, please)
- Experience working collaboratively within a creative team
- Proven experience producing quality work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proven experience writing copy to achieve SEO goals
- Experience in health care, technology or other information-intensive industry essential
- Experience writing video scripts a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams
- Ability to drive initiatives cross functionally, including the confidence to ask questions as needed
- Good business insight and understanding of the relationship between information and business and results management
- A true professional possessing the highest ethical and moral standards
- Positive and forward thinking
- A team player
- Open to feedback and ongoing self-development
athenahealth, Inc. - 16 months ago
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...