Who You Are:|
You have a passion for the data and analytics side of marketing!
With your exceptional analytical and quantitative skills you’re able to find the ‘story’ in the data and separate actionable insights from statistical noise. Using your excellent writing and presenting skills, you enjoy communicating your data and marketing findings to those who may not be analytically inclined.
You also enjoy helping marketing teams improve their ability to reach their audiences through working with them to identify and refine key marketing segments, creating marketing automation campaigns and working with them throughout the year to implement successful email, microsite, and direct mail campaigns.
You also have 2 to 4 years of professional work experience in marketing, marketing analytics, with knowledge of a variety of business-to-business direct marketing vehicles and tactics, especially email marketing and/or integrated marketing strategies.
You’re inquisitive, energetic, and analytically creative. You are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, creative, team-oriented, loosely structured environment that allows for a strong sense of ownership and accountability over your own work. You take ownership of your own projects and manage the follow-through.
As an employee of Diversified Business Communications on the Customer Insights & Analytics team, you’ll work with our events, publications, and eMedia teams to provide insights and growth opportunities to the business through marketing data analysis
What You’ll Do:
- Work with teams across the company to provide insights and growth opportunities to the business by performing marketing data analysis
- Deliver analytical insights and actionable recommendations for product growth and opportunities that synthesize data analysis and/or secondary and primary market research
- Optimize marketing performance through customer program analysis, new marketing tactics, segmentation and/or testing strategies
- Create marketing automation campaign frameworks for trigger emails, lead nurturing programs, and other automated email and microsite scenarios
- Leverage segments, lists, or groups identified as marketing targets to execute email and marketing automation campaigns
- Create tracking reports and analysis on campaign effectiveness enabling feedback into marketing plan development and refinement
- Find the “story in the data” to provide actionable insights for both product opportunities and marketing performance
- Act as a liaison between the team managing our marketing database and the marketers to help them understand the data and information available to use in their marketing activities
- Present your findings to product teams and senior executives
What We’re Looking For:
A team member who is passionate about data, marketing analysis, and insight, and possesses the following skills:
Strong business writing, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Completed degree from an accredited four year college/university
- 2-4 years of experience in a data-driven marketing or business intelligence role, marketing, or marketing analytics,
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional and advanced Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Cognos or other marketing analytics tools is a plus as well as Exact Target or other marketing automation softwareand website analytics
Additional Comments: Diversified Business Communications, an international trade show organizer and trade magazine publisher headquartered in Portland, Maine, is seeking a Marketing Data Analyst to join our Customer Insights and Analytics team. If you are a budding “master of competitive insights and customer data”, a self-motivated “just-want-to-get-in-their-heads-kind-of” analyst, can impress the socks off us (while juggling multiple priorities) with your Excel and PowerPoint skills, and you’re seeking a fun, fast-paced, growing and collaborative team environment we want to hear from you. Please send cover letter and resume to contact information below.
- Strong client relationship management and consulting skills
- Ability to communicate insights and collaborate effectively with internal teams
- Proven project management skills, and the ability to set priorities and manage expectations
- Takes direction well and timeliness in meeting deadlines
- Careful and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision and manage shifting priorities
- Takes initiative, is self-motivated
- Works well in a team environment
- A positive attitude and a sense of fun!
Diversified Communications is an international media company with a portfolio of eMedia, events, publications and television stations.