Marketing Database and Analytics Manager
This position reports to the Segmentation & Competitive Analysis Director in the Marketing group. The position supports the Strategic Imperative to Accelerate Revenue Growth.
The CRM/Marketing Database Design & Analytics Manager is responsible for managing the database development project and manages the day-to-day activities of the marketing database. The position will also be expected to provide analytical insights utilizing SAS/SPSS and SQL.
The manager will work with 3rd party vendors and internal cross functional teams to design the database, manage its development and resolve performance or data inconsistency issues.
The Database Design & Analytics Manager will possess:
Marketing Database Management Skills, including:
• Managing the design, development and integration of YP’s marketing database
• Collaborating with vendors and internal groups to monitor performance or resolve data inconsistency issues
• Developing business requirements for constructing new database interface applications
• Lead cross-functional teams working with technical and business minded groups
• Researching data vendors and identifying potential resources to enrich YP’s database with additional insights
Analytic Skills, including:
• Creating and executing data analysis and implementing modeling techniques to drive strategic priorities
• Creating presentations and presenting complex analytical findings in a clear, concise and decision-impacting manner
• Experience with statistical models (conjoint, clustering, factor analysis)
Technical Skills, including:
Knowledge of SQL and SAS or SPSS to perform analytics, troubleshoot data issues, or develop queries or macros
Training and Special Skills:
Required experience / relevant education:
• 5-7 years of experience in CRM/Marketing database design or management.
• Strong analytical skills and experience in using statistical models to uncover insights
• Experience in troubleshooting database issues and uncovering data inconsistencies
• Ability to work various CRM/marketing data sources and develop integrated insights
• Experience in writing or reviewing Business Requirements
• Ability to transition market insights into tactics that impact the marketplace
• Demonstrated experience executing cross-functional initiatives and ability to clearly communicate and work with technical vs. business minded groups
• Ability to provide ongoing executive summary on performance or new insights
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Marketing, Mathematics, Economics or other relevant disciplines. MBA preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Access)
• Proficient and working knowledge in SAS or SPSS, and SQL.
• MBA or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Statistics or Economics
• Local Search, B2B, or advertising industry experience preferred
The successful candidate will have:
• A strategic, creative and analytical mind.
• Experience in database design and/or management
• Excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• A results-oriented outlook with the ability to prioritize and deliver on key initiatives.
• The intellectual capacity that ensures credibility when dealing with business leaders.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Ability to work effectively with and through others, a team player.
Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide sales...