Marketing Database Analyst 3
IA-West Des Moines
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision -and design every product and service- with our customers in mind. If it's not good for our customers, then it's not good for Wells Fargo.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people -those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We believe everyone on our team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they contribute to our success.
The CLG team includes our home mortgage, home equity, consumer credit card, personal loans and lines, direct auto, dealer services and commercial auto, retail services and education financial services businesses.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage Team: Supports the nation's leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
Members of the Mortgage Portfolio Marketing (MPM) list creation team are responsible for turning Retention marketing strategies into targeted lead files for use in outbound mailing, telemarketing, email and other types of outreach efforts. The intent is to recapture existing borrowers through refinancing or new home purchases as well as cross-sell new WF products to mortgage customers. The campaign lists typically include segmentation into Champion/ Challenger/ Hold Out groupings as part of a test-and-learn culture of campaign improvement. This role requires a basic understanding of campaign design and analytics. The execution team has to simultaneously juggle multiple campaigns in various stages of development, requiring use of organizational and partner management skills.
The ideal candidate will help address ongoing and ad-hoc campaign reporting and analytical needs related to campaigns; develop a deep understanding of the assigned businesses, offering subject matter expertise as necessary; and maintain positive relationships with business partners.
- Candidate would be responsible for accurate and timely list development of assigned marketing campaigns within a data mart environment.
- Drive campaign list development and all associated QA/compliance approvals.
- Review campaign documentation (strategy document, list criteria, test design, etc) and pose questions or highlight data issues that could impact the campaign s timeline or test objectives.
- Attend campaign kick-off meetings with program and/or campaign managers, Campaign Analytics, Data, and other partners as appropriate to review campaign requests and ensure that the campaign design is aligned with its intended objective(s).
- Understand the available data sources, proactively identify and use the appropriate resources to support each campaign.
- Design and apply all appropriate criteria and templates related to the campaign, achieving high accuracy and timeliness.
- Set up the campaign to correctly reflect Champion/Challenger/Hold Out segmentations, capture user-defined fields to support reporting and analytics, and accomplish stated campaign and/or testing objectives.
- Work with business partners and outside vendors to finalize and accommodate data and file requirements.
- Support analytic reviews and deep-dives of executed campaigns; complete adhoc requests as needed.
- Provide guidance to partners and/or less experienced analysts as appropriate as well as execute campaigns accurately.
4+ years marketing database analytics experience.
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- 4+ years database marketing experience
- Experience with database extracts, report writing, and analytical tools such as SAS, SQL Platforms and UNIX (SAS experience preferred); comfort with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Attention to detail and strong work-ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong partner management skills.
- Hands-on experience with analysis and report design.
- Developed presentation skills, including the ability to visualize and succinctly communicate complex analytic results.
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing results into concise written findings and strategic implications.
- Familiarity with Wells Fargo data, particularly Home Lending/Mortgage datamarts.
- Familiarity with the mortgage industry, and/or with marketing campaign outreach
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...