Marketing Database Analyst 3
Wells Fargo Business Direct seeks bright analytic talent to join its growing Business Real Estate Finance (BREF) team. This newly added position supports our high-quality, growing portfolio of small business commercial real estate loans.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented product/portfolio management team and to learn and grow with our business. A strong academic background is a must, as are: top-notch quantitative skills, business acumen, data mining experience (SAS), and a firm grounding in statistics.
The analyst will work with marketing and product management colleagues to identify analytic and reporting needs for our expanding BREF portfolio. The successful candidate will conduct profit-focused analysis for new account acquisitions. She/he will also evaluate portfolio strategies for managing existing customers. Sample projects are: analyzing results of direct mail campaigns; designing marketing tests for future solicitation campaigns; quantifying profit drivers for unique customer segments; leveraging data analysis to identify opportunities in our credit operations areas; improving the efficiency of new account acquisitions in our Wells Fargo branches; and forecasting portfolio growth trends.
Responsibilities include: soliciting requirements and then designing reports for the BREF business unit; producing weekly and monthly departmental MIS; conducting ad hoc profitability analysis; developing acquisition targeting models/strategies; providing in-depth analysis of marketing and sales efforts; evaluating and documenting value-added data sources to improve our business decisions.
4+ years marketing database analytics experience.
- 2+ years of SAS or SPSS programming or comparable programming experience;
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative, financial, or marketing analysis;
- Facility with financial models and P&L statements;
- Mastery of statistics such as hypothesis testing and regression analysis;
- Microsoft Office expertise including advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables);
- Strong technical writing.
- A bachelors degree in a quantitative major such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or Operations Research;
- 2+ years of credit industry experience, including modeling with data from credit bureaus and account masterfiles;
- SQL programming skills;
- Accounting coursework;
- Success in designing and leading large-scale data mining projects.
Wells Fargo - 19 months ago
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...