SUMMARY : Bowlmor AMF – the leader in bowling entertainment – is comprised of two primary brands: Bowlmor Lanes, the innovators of upscale bowling, and AMF, the largest mass-market bowling brand in the world. Combined, the company as 264 domestic locations and 8 locations in Mexico that specialize in corporate and special events, as well as league and walk-in retail bowling.
The company is looking for a strong leader with solid strategic acumen as our Director of Marketing to help drive our brand and marketing initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Develop the marketing plan and budget.
- Leverage an integrated multichannel communications plan (e.g., mass media, PR, digital, social media, events, promotions and partnerships) to drive profitable revenue growth.
- Partner with the CMO to develop marketing strategies that create exceptional guest interactions with the Bowlmor and AMF brands, including in-center experience, promotional communications, web and social media.
- Develop a deep understanding of Bowlmor AMF’s consumer targets, their habits and practices, motivations and barriers to purchase.
- Help create and develop a CRM/Loyalty/Affinity program for the company’s brands.
- Hire, develop and manage a highly skilled marketing communications team responsible for internal and external marketing efforts.
- Work effectively with Creative Services, Consumer Insights and Brand Management on the implementation of brand and marketing plans.
- Establish and maintain a consistent brand image for the company’s brands.
- Develop program/campaign/initiative success criteria; measure results, drive marketing effectiveness through channel/mix analysis.
- Manage external agency partners (e.g., PR, Media, etc.)
- Prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Take ownership and responsibility for assigned projects.
- Perform routine management tasks that are necessary for the efficient operation of a corporate Marketing function.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly responsible for the Marketing Communications function of the Marketing Department, including:
- Marketing Strategy – consumer and group marketing communications, pricing and promotions
- Field Marketing – execution regionally and locally
- Digital and Social Media – web development, email / mobile marketing, social media, paid media, search
- PR, Partnerships and Events
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE :
- BA/BS in Marketing or Business required. Master's degree / MBA in Marketing preferred.
- Seven to ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in CRM and Loyalty programs a plus.
- Sophisticated knowledge of the latest trends in marketing channel innovation (e.g., social media, cross-screen marketing, marketing effectiveness, etc.) required.
- Experience in Brand Management and consumer/guest experience initiatives a plus.
This position may involve travel, estimated at 20%.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, 100 pounds with help and/or assistance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment where moderate levels of noise, dust and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.