The Marketing Director is a new position at Analysis Group. It is an outstanding opportunity for a senior professional to help this leading consultancy take its marketing programs to the next level in visibility, scope, and impact. Successful candidates will bring innovative and creative new approaches, as well as a proven track record working with senior consultants and influencers (for example, academics, attorneys, and business leaders). The Marketing Director will work closely with AG’s senior consultants and team with the VP of Marketing and senior Marketing staff to develop strategies for promoting the firm’s brand through expertise and thought leadership at the firm, practice, and individual consultant level.
This will be a highly visible role in an organization of professional consultants who seek and value insightful ideas, advice, and support in how to best position the firm, as well as build their own marketing programs. Ideas on developing/expanding institutional relationships, appropriate sponsorships, and media relationships and public relations initiatives could be a core component of the value this role will bring to the firm.
The Marketing Director will provide marketing leadership and oversight to the firm’s direct marketing and relationship management programs, managing staff in each function, and will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Brand Positioning Programs – Initiate and facilitate PR initiatives to position the firm, individual consulting senior staff, and affiliates; research and propose institutional relationships between AG and appropriate organizations, including academic and research institutions, associations, and law firms; identify venues, including conferences, educational programs, and media outlets where AG should have a presence. Work closely with the VP of Marketing and editorial staff to align branded content and thought leadership efforts with these programs.
• Relationship Management and Direct Marketing – Work with direct marketing team to develop and implement DM strategies for outreach at the firm, practice, and individual consultant level. Help facilitate initiatives to leverage existing content into direct marketing activities.
• Marketing Strategy – Work closely with the VP of Marketing and Business Development/Research Manager to develop program ideas to share with the firm’s Marketing Advisory Group, and to help determine how best to implement the Advisory Group’s input and direction on overall marketing strategy, key messages, competitive positioning, and issues to “own.”
• Equivalent of 10-15 years of experience in increasingly senior communications and strategy roles, preferably in a professional services or business to business environment.
• Excellent networking skills and experience in developing opportunities for corporate relationship building.
• Management experience, to include both supervision of staff and project management.
• Intellectual curiosity and demonstrated interest in learning complex material and concepts.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, leadership, and diplomacy – the ability to gain consensus through influence, presence, and positive discussion is critical to success.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred. Familiarity with the legal industry is a plus.
Factors for Assessing Performance (Functional Competencies):
• Functional/Technical Capabilities – Demonstrates technical competence and effectively delivers support in area of expertise. Expert quality assurance in proofreading, document quality, and demonstrated understanding of marketing processes (direct marketing, events, client letters, RFPs, etc.).
• Customer Service – Proactively anticipates as well as is responsive to internal and external requests; shows initiative in providing high quality service and support.
• Communication and Influencing Skills – Communicates clearly and effectively. Is persuasive and credible and is comfortable working with senior people in building and achieving consensus. Is an active listener.
• Teamwork/Working Characteristics – Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others and independently. Demonstrates initiative and ownership. Works under limited direction and pro-actively. Positions self as “account leader” and go-to person for marketing for assigned clients/practices/offices.
• Project Leadership and Management – Is a self-starter who can work across multiple offices independently, managing projects, time, and relationships effectively. Develops, plans, and manages projects, coordinating all inputs and “moving parts”, making informed decisions, solving problems, and monitoring results, as well as ensuring that necessary deadlines are met.
• Strategic Problem Resolution – Is able to quickly assess problems and develop approach for resolution. Brings compelling ideas, thoughtful solutions, and viable alternatives to problems. Provides guidance and makes recommendations to others based in research, marketing knowledge and experience, and mature judgment. Resolves problems quickly and effectively.
Nothing in this Job Description restricts Analysis Group, Inc.’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that it can be terminated by the employee holding the position or by Analysis Group, Inc. at any time, with or without cause or notice.
Analysis Group - 17 months ago