Under direction from the Managing Director of Marketing, the Marketing Director is responsible for creating and executing a strategic local marketing program, maximizing exposure for Saks Fifth Avenue in the local marketplace, and effectively being a liaison between their individual Saks Fifth Avenue store and the Corporate Marketing Team. The Marketing Director will operate with clearly defined return on investment goals for sales and client acquisition and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute a strategic marketing program for the New York Flagship store
- Liaise between the VP/General Manager, the Managing Director of Marketing, and the Corporate Marketing Team to analyze the store's existing client base and define appropriate opportunities to acquire new and develop existing customers
- Develop and execute strategic and creative sales events that drive traffic and increase customer sales
- Proactively analyze event results in order to refine and improve future events which continue to develop business opportunities and maximize sales
- Work with the store Leadership Team to maximize local event marketing dollars
- Communicate Saks Fifth Avenue initiatives to key regional media and secure credits for product, the Saks brand and the local store team
- Increase store visibility in the community via partnership with local publications, charitable organizations, and other beneficial groups
- Support the VP/General Manager in communicating corporate events to the store team and coordinate support and execution for all events to Saks Fifth Avenue standards
- Maintain store marketing/event calendars listing all store events, trunk shows, and representative visits, and share with corporate on a monthly basis
- Submit all calendars, event results recaps, and invoices to the proper parties in a timely manner
- Other store initiatives as assigned by management
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Between 5-10 years of marketing & special event management experience and a proven track record in leading a group of independent thinkers with successful end results
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and creative campaign development, retail environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate people while driving company and store marketing initiatives
- Proven ability to research, present opportunities and execute partnerships in the community that form the basis of an aggressive outreach/acquisition customer program
- Ability to negotiate contracts and manage budgets
- Ability to independently learn IT applications, clienteling tools and software proprietary to Saks Fifth Avenue
- Focused on attention to detail, taking initiative, and creating a positive working environment
- Ability to work well with others, as well as the ability to work independently to drive a successful event
- Positive, high-energy professional with proven planning, implementation and management skills
- Exhibit sound business judgment, demonstrated people management, and organizational ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in the areas of Marketing, Business or Communications
- Responsible for mentoring/developing Marketing Manager and Marketing Specialist direct reports.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to physically maneuver and handle racks and carts of merchandise. Lifting of up to 15 pounds may be required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
CareerBuilder - 7 months ago
Saks Fifth Avenue is a member of the Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS) group and operates 62 stores, led by its landmark flagship on New York's F...