Summary: Plans, directs, and coordinates the marketing of the Casino's products and services.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by this position. Employee(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
Spirit Mountain Standards:
- Establishes marketing goals to ensure "share of market" and profitability of the Casino.
- Develops and executes marketing plans and programs, both short and long-range, to ensure the profit, growth, and expansion of company products and/or services.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological and demographic information factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
- Plans and oversees the organization's advertising and promotion activities including print, electronic, and direct-mail outlets.
- Communicates with outside advertising agencies about ongoing campaigns to ensure corporate branding is executed.
- Oversees copywriting, design, layout, paste-up, and production of promotional materials.
- Develops and recommends pricing strategy for the Casino which will result in the greatest share of the market over time.
- Develops profit/loss ratio and market share performance goals in relation to pre-set standards and trends within the industry and economy.
- Evaluates advertising programs, merchandising policy and product packaging and formulation.
- Recommends changes in structure and organization to ensure fulfillment of objectives and swift reactions to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Conducts marketing surveys and prepares marketing activity reports.
- Delivers Spirit Mountain's Branded Customer Service (BCS) by consistently modeling attitudes and behaviors in alignment with SMGI's Pride Values, Brand Promise and Business Vision.
- Learns comprehends and complies with all Company and departmental policies and procedures, MICS, gaming regulations and Regulation 31 requirements.
- Follows all Corporate and departmental safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge of:
- Provides overall direction, coordination and evaluation of all employees within the department(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws and in alignment with SMGI's Pride Values, Brand Promise and Business Vision.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and separates employees.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work, appraises performance, rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems for employees as well as guests.
Required Skill in:
- Emerging trends for current print, online and outdoor advertising design, and production.
- Radio, television, and multimedia advertising practices.
- Elements of effective copywriting and editing.
- Print and web design.
- Printing production processes.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
- Developing marketing plans and strategies.
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of subordinate personnel.
- Resolving scheduling and/or resource deployment issues and conflicts.
- Time management, prioritizing, and multi-tasking.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Preparing budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Operating computer hardware and software.
- Communicating both orally and in writing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design, marketing, journalism or a related field, and five (5) years design and production work experience, including three (3) years supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Primary Management Official license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Work is subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, standard office equipment, telephone and audio/video equipment, two-way radio, and department vehicles.
Spirit Mountain Gaming, Inc - 10 months ago