Marketing Events Associate
The Marketing Events Associate will be part of a team of Event Marketing professionals responsible for the execution of athenahealth’s national dinner seminar program. This individual will assist with the planning and execution of individual dinner events across the country. The Marketing Associate will be collaborating with internal stakeholders across the Growth organization (Sales, Marketing, Channels, and Growth Operations).The role requires event planning and management (handling registrations, venue selection, contract negotiations, on-site support, shipping materials, etc.) experience and marketing communications experience. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, self-motivated, has a can-do attitude, and has an outgoing personality who thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Excellent interpersonal, writing and communications skills are required. BS/BA degree required, preferably in marketing or communications.
The Marketing Events Associate will be responsible for dinner seminars across the Nation and can work remotely from home when not traveling to attend events 50% of the time.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in development and management of marketing materials such as event invitations
- Interface with stakeholders such as sales & marketing management and sales executives to communicate goals of initiative and set expectations
- Work with third party vendors such as an outbound telemarketing agency
- Secure event venues (including research and contract negotiations) and plan logistics of each dinner event
- Utilize CRM (salesforce.com) system to document registrations, responses, and attendance
- Assist with budget tracking and results tracking and reporting
- Provide on-site event support
athenahealth, Inc. is a leading provider of web-based business services for medical groups. athenahealth’s service offerings are based on proprietary web-native practice management and electronic health record (EHR) software, a continuously updated payer knowledge-base, integrated back-office service operations, and automated and live patient communication services.
- Strong project management and event planning experience, detail oriented and organized
- Team player who likes to work hard, works extremely well with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who takes ownership of projects
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with and manage cross functional teams to reach common project goals
- Healthcare industry experience a plus, not a requirement
- Experience with salesforce.com or other CRM systems a plus
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience required
- 50% - 60% travel required, weekends required as necessary
- College degree required
- 2 years ago - save job
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...