EarthLink, Inc. (NASDAQ: ELNK) is a leading IT services, network and communications provider to more than 150,000 businesses and over one million consumers nationwide. EarthLink empowers customers with managed IT services including cloud computing, data centers, virtualization, security, applications and support services, in addition to nationwide data and voice IP services.
The company operates an extensive network including 28,000 route fiber miles, 90 metro fiber rings and 4 secure data centers providing ubiquitous IP coverage across more than 90 percent of the country. Founded in 1994, the company's award-winning reputation for both outstanding service and product innovation is supported by an experienced team of professionals focused on best-in-class customer care.
Why EarthLink? Work for a fast-paced company in an exciting industry.
- A company that values creativity and collaboration, and one that fosters an atmosphere of diversity, tolerance, and respect.
- Our Core Values and Beliefs act as the Golden Rule that guides our business: Deal directly and honestly with your coworkers and demonstrate that everyone’s opinion matters.
- Cooperate and work with others to achieve great things.
- Most importantly, play your part well. You have the freedom and the responsibility to use your skills and talents.
- We want you to make a difference and share the excitement as EarthLink continues to grow.
The Market Insights/Thought Leadership Summer Worker will be expected to research and help document the size of the IT market that EarthLink competes and create a working document that can be updated on an as needed basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The following functions and responsibilities will be the focus for the summer worker:
- Complete thorough analysis of major analyst groups (Gartner, IDC and 451 Research) reporting of market sizing, understanding the various parameters around the definition of the market.
- Document market size and working with Market Insights team, create a working document that can be updated on a regular basis to provide management with the most accurate and up-to-date view of the marketplace.
- Generate reports that analyze customers, competition and the industry using charts, graphs and explanatory text. The reports will offer insights to the management about product potential and marketing strategies.
- Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data
- Seek and provide information to help EarthLink determine its position in the marketplace.
Skills: Demonstrated leadership abilities/prior leadership experience (work, school, military)
- Solid business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Strong statistical/analytical skills
- Strategic thinker
- Strong knowledge of PC applications ( especially Excel and Pivot tables)
Currently enrolled in an accredited MBA program (highly preferred)
- Major focus in Marketing, Marketing Research or related field
- Strong academic performance. Minimum GPA 3.0
- Completed macro economic class
EarthLink Inc. - 18 months ago
Some of us spend way too much time online, and EarthLink is OK with that. The company provides Internet connections to more than 1 million...