The AVEO Oncology internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is approximately12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a cutting edge oncology company on the verge of commercializing our first product (pending FDA approval) in midsummer. Compensation is competitive and the opportunity will allow you to network with professionals at both AVEO, as well as our joint venture partner Astellas, through various planned events and activities throughout the summer months.
- The goal of the ~12 week internship is to provide the most comprehensive pharmaceutical product management experience possible through a variety of activities under the supervision of a marketing director. At the completion of the internship, the intern should have a substantive understanding of marketing in the biotech industry, including regulatory, legal and medical guidelines governing marketing.
- Responsibilities of our interns will vary according to the individual project teams. Interns will act in the same capacity as a product manager participating in all product management activities, business unit meetings, and planning sessions.
- Each intern may be assigned a specific project that would be completed by the end of the internship and this would be in addition to routine activities designed to achieve the goal of a complete product management experience. Due to the nature of AVEO’s fast paced business and entrepreneurial culture, interns are given projects that are challenging and necessary to our continued success as an organization. During the internship, interns will gain exposure to many of AVEO’s business functions, including sales, sales training, commercial operations, legal, medical and regulatory.
- Interested candidates should have sound analytical skills, solution-oriented thinking, excellent written/verbal communication skills, and possess a strong desire to learn about the commercial side of the pharmaceutical business.
- Enrolled in a graduate program at a U.S. accredited university
- Pursuing an MBA with concentrations in marketing or other related disciplines
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Superior communication skills: written, oral, interpersonal and presentation
- Previous experience in marketing and/or market research
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- A science background or ability to quickly comprehend clinical data
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills - ability to gather, evaluate and interpret data to identify issues or opportunities
- Ability to organize and communicate with vendors
- Ability to prioritize work effectively to meet timelines
- Interpersonal Flexibility - ability to adapt to other personalities in a respectful manner that is conducive to goal achievement
- Mastery of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use these in real world situations.