About Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL•E, Up and most recently, Brave. The Northern California studio has won 29 Academy Awards® and its eleven films have grossed more than $6.5 billion at the worldwide box office to date. The next film release from Disney•Pixar is Monsters University (June 21, 2013).
Pixar offers an exciting internship program geared towards students wanting to pursue a career in marketing within the entertainment industry. The internship is intended to give students valuable “hands on” experience and exposure to our unique environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn from working professionals!
Through our 12-week summer internship, the Marketing Intern will support Pixar’s Marketing efforts by assisting in the operations and responding to the needs of the department.
- Assist in marketing projects, including creating reports, compiling industry analysis, and general administration tasks
- Assist in the production of film marketing imagery and assets
- Assist in organizing and processing digital artwork from feature films, short films and corporate imagery
- Respond to the administrative needs of the Marketing department such as photocopying, printing, shipping, preparing digital art files and other administrative duties
- Input notes and image production updates in database
- Meeting preparation and note-taking in reviews
- Various editing projects
Background, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required at Minimum :
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment and consistently meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong computer technical skills and Mac literacy required, including knowledge of Microsoft Office. Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and Illustrator a plus
- Strong writing skills a plus
- Willingness to take initiative and resolve problems
- Skilled in office and administrative tasks
- Working experience in archiving or digital data management a plus
- Degree focus in advertising, marketing, or business a plus
Application Deadline & Term: Summer 2013 (June - August)
All application materials must be submitted by midnight PST on Sunday, March 31, 2013. Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pixar - 17 months ago
Pixar Animation Studios keeps computer-generating hits. The company has produced about a dozen full-length animated movies, including the...