Olin Chlor Alkali Products has become one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chlorine, caustic soda, bleach, and related chemicals. Almost every industry in the world depends on these basic chemicals, including healthcare, water treatment, textiles, automotive, food processing, agriculture, telecommunications, even space and technology.
Over 1,500 employees trained to participate like they are owners of the company have shaped Olin Chlor Alkali Products. But what really makes Olin Chlor Alkali special is our culture - a culture where every person is an integral part of the success of the company, where co-workers support and encourage each other, and where “valuing people” is not a slogan – it’s a way of doing business every day. It’s made the difference between just being another chemical company and a chemical company that is focused on discovering new and better ways to serve our people and our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Marketing Analyst Intern for an opportunity in our Cleveland division headquarters location.
This paid internship will offer a student an opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience to complement his/her educational studies. This position is ideal for a student with a high degree of interest in data analysis and industrial marketing. The opportunity centers on the daily management of $1.6 billion industrial sales and marketing organization; Olin seeks an intern to assist in the analysis of monthly divisional performance and to provide support across the organization. This role will interact closely with Accounting and our Sales & Marketing teams, providing a liaison between the two.
This is a paid, temporary 3 month internship. Specific start dates, end dates, and work hours are flexible depending on school scheduling; however, a minimum of 40 hours per week must be worked.
Candidates must have a strong attention to detail, good communication skills and a solid computer aptitude. Safety training and job expectations will be provided.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Must be currently enrolled in a four-year college* in a discipline related to Sales & Marketing, Business/Finance, or Engineering/Technology programs or another related field. Co-ops, internships, or other work experience relating to sales, marketing, technology, customer support or corporate training are preferred.
- Must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, experience with SAP or other similar applications are preferred.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills; must be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Other key competencies include problem-solving, creativity, listening skills, organizational skills, and accountability.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education