Maximizes facility's census by opening and maintaining accounts with insurers, community organizations and hospitals that generate resident admissions. (This position is not involved in Admissions.)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of the Marketing Office.
- Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
- Develops strategies to maximize admissions of residents in accordance with facility and regional sales plan.
- Coordinates external marketing of Company facilities within the community through health providers and organizations.
- Markets the facility's services to the managed care industry. Participates in contract closings and price negotiations with insurance companies, as assigned.
- Works with local community agencies to generate a positive image and encourage word-of-mouth referrals.
- Participates in corporate trade shows, health fairs, and marketing activities, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Environment
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field is preferred.
- One to three (1-3) years experience in health care, long-term care industry, or insurance sales/marketing or commensurate educations preferred.
- Familiar with medical terminology.
- Superior presentation skills - both one-on-one and group.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer.
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift medium to heavy objects including assisting with the movement of Residents. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Extensive local travel.
Sava Senior Care - 30+ days ago
SavaSeniorCare has a flair for elder care. The privately held company operates about 190 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities in n...