Leads the Communications & Events Marketing team, which includes the PR/AR, Events and Marketing Communications personnel. Responsible for the leadership and development of this team and success of its members, stakeholders and constituents.
Able to understand and advance SciQuest’s strategy and communicate that vision into an actionable roadmap for the team. Leads team to successful execution and results by allocating marketing resources in the effective implementation of promotional campaigns, trade shows, webinars, events, speaking engagements, product launches, and more. Responsible for program management and measurement of the marketing function, tracks and analyzes PR, social media, trade show and event activities. Owns implementation and adherence to company style and branding guidelines. Work closely with the Lead Generation & Digital Marketing team, Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Business Development, Analyst Relations and the Executive Teams.
Create and deliver effective marketing campaigns, trade shows, conferences, webinars and e-marketing activities. Owns management of Communications and Events marketing to create efficiencies and opportunities.
- Lead and mentor Communications and Events team to achieve and exceed their goals.
- Manage and track against Communications and Events marketing budget.
- Manage the direction of marketing communications in scheduling analyst briefings, events, brand and identity management, social media, public relations, and collateral development.
- Drive thought leading marketing activities which increase sales pipeline velocity and lead generation.
- Work directly with the Product Marketing Directors in prioritizing and allocating marketing resources, as well assist in content development.
- Project support of webinars, collateral, product launches and coordination of all stakeholders in the project to reach the deliverables as planned.
- Responsible for the creation and management of company style guides, image standards and overall brand/image management, reinforced through tools, communications and material/editorial review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years marketing team management experience required in a technology company (B2B). SaaS experience preferred. Software experiences required.
- A minimum 5+ years experience of relevant, marketing strategy and program management, or other related experience is required. Previous budget responsibility required.
- Experience in PR Management or marketing agency
- Experience managing trade shows and event management
- Ability to motivate marketing personnel to achieve deliverables, while able to do tactical marketing activates as needed. Ability to be a single source provider as well as a team lead.
- Knowledge of how to conceive, deliver and track successful marketing programs a must.
- Strong and demonstrable project / program management experience. Agile experience desirable
- Ability to influence colleagues, senior/executive levels and strong cross-organizational program management is needed.
- Outbound marketing expertise, superior communication skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to lead and deliver measurable and effective marketing programs is required.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communications are a must.
- Must have experience managing 3 rd party, contractor and other vendors to marketing relationships and contracts. Strong negotiation skills a plus.
- Proficient in the use of MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and Word as well as other typical business productivity tools is needed, such as HTML. Marketing Automation experience required.
- Ability to travel 25%.