Marketing Manager - Americas Markets (Cleveland, Atlanta or Dallas)
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing, communications and events strategies and related activities to support business objectives for the Americas Markets team at Ernst & Young. These initiatives will include support for our Family Business market segment as well as for our China Business Network. The position is responsible for helping to define appropriate go-to-market initiatives, creating and coordinating integrated marketing programs, campaigns and initiatives and measuring and tracking results. The purpose of the role is to build the Ernst & Young brand and to accelerate growth of the Firm. The position teams closely with internal stakeholders across service lines, sectors and geographies and serves as a key contact within the designated areas of responsibility.
Analytical/decision making responsibilities:
- Develops a comprehensive marketing & communications strategy, including marketing plan, calendar, timelines, and budgets to meet the strategic objectives.
- Advises and influences leadership on the optimal mix of channels for each integrated campaign across the marketing execution model (e.g., thought leadership, go-to-market collateral, events, sponsorships, alliances, digital/online, public relations, etc.)
- Drives key research and thought leadership initiatives across the Americas and occasionally globally.
- Project manages the execution of the plan and the development of the content within the agreed timeframe and budget. Monitors the effectiveness of all plans/campaigns and adjusts as needed.
- Develops and manages a robust return on investment tracking process for all marketing initiatives.
- Builds relationships with key internal stakeholders to provide marketing support to meet approved business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for knowledge sharing from a marketing and communications perspective.
- Participates and provides insights in key leadership meetings and contributes beyond specific areas of responsibility to contribute to the overall Americas marketing strategy.
- Presents complex ideas and anticipates potential objections; influences others; anticipates and communicates ramifications of decisions and issues to project stakeholders and presents alternatives.
- Works with key internal stakeholders to establish and administer the annual budgets and manages expenditures in order to operate within approved budget guidelines.
- Explores innovative uses of technology to achieve marketing and communications goals.
- May be responsible for the selection and management of staff including their growth and development.
- Develops relationships with project stakeholders and manage their expectations. Negotiates with and influences project sponsors on project specific items
- Understands the environmental factors affecting Ernst & Young, the practice, and its markets
- Responds with poise and confidence to inquiries on communications from all levels of management within the firm
- Presents complex ideas and anticipate potential objections. Communicates any ramifications of decisions and issues to project stakeholders, and presents alternatives
- Often acts as project manager for large projects, or directs many activities of a major staff function
Knowledge and skills requirements
- Possesses deep knowledge in business to business marketing/communications and may accomplish work through subordinate professionals with little direction.
- Acts as project leader for large complex projects.
- Identifies and manages key resources needed to execute.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including presentations) as well as listening and interpretation skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills, including the development of junior staff.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Comfortable working across service lines, industry and/or your respective functional practice/internal client group
- Confident discussing key business issues with management.
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- A minimum of 7 years of marketing/communications experience required ,
8-10+ years preferred
- Business to business, non-profit, working knowledge of geo-political environment (particularly China) a plus
- A bachelor’s degree with a marketing or communications major is required, MBA a plus
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...