The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies for Manheim’s markets and locations within an assigned region. He/She leads the development of marketing campaigns to deliver results against established objectives for Manheim and its customers. The Marketing Manager works closely with market, location and corporate personnel to gain alignment on marketing plansand deployment of resources consistent with overall company strategy.
- Lead the development of a marketing strategy and annual plan for each location within assigned market, informed by:
- Market and location objectives
- Situation analysis and opportunity assessment
- Evaluation of relevant data (transactions, market trends, competitive intelligence, etc.)
- Overall Manheim company priorities
- Lead the development of marketing campaigns to activate the marketing plan at each location, including key sale events, major promotions, new program/product launches and prioritized new business opportunities as they arise during the year.
- Lead the development of campaign objectives that are aligned to expectations of customers and auction location leadership.
- Ensure alignment of location-specific plans with overall Manheim Marketing strategy, best practices and brand guidelines.
- Recommend marketing spend needed to accomplish objectives and collaborate with market and location leadership to secure approval of spending plans.
- Oversee implementation of marketing plans and individual campaigns, working closely with location marketing/promotions personnel to assign responsibility for execution of tactics.
- Manage workload and expenses to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Work with consulting/campaign management personnel to identify customer target lists for campaigns. Clearly define customer outreach tactical plans, including how Manheim personnel will engage customers to achieve campaign objectives.
- Communicate post-campaign results and metrics vs. established goals.
- Consistently assess performance results of marketing plans and provide recommendations on adjustments as needed.
- Provide executive marketing dashboard to market leadership based on key marketing plans and campaign objectives.
- Serve as single point of contact for locations for marketing needs, including consulting/data requests and creative services projects.
- Proactively communicate with key stakeholders, including Market leadership (MVP’s, GM’s), corporate Marketing leadership and Sales leadership (GSM’s).
- Consistently spend time at assigned locations to build relationships, understand local needs and business dynamics, and ensure good execution of marketing plans.
- Participate in Market Leadership meetings and planning sessions, at the direction of the Market Vice President.
- Collaborate with peers (Marketing Managers, Key Account Marketing Managers) to ensure adoption of best practices and implementation of priority projects at assigned locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a marketing or communications discipline (e.g. Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business)
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of hands-on marketing experience, with a focus on strategic planning, campaign development and local execution.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of: customer targeting/use of CRM platform, collaboration with multiple stakeholders, and working with a regional and local client base to activate marketing plans across a variety of communication tactics.
- Ability to work through others to achieve objectives, regardless of reporting relationships.
- 50% travel
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Manheim is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manheim is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
For career opportunities, please visit www.manheim.jobs .
- 18 months ago - save job