The Marketing Manager produces, manages and executes brand marketing projects, including original program franchise management, partnerships/promotional extensions, dissemination of marketing assets and programming/Hollywood trade marketing.
OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THIS POSITION
1) Original programming franchise management
• Work with the SVP of Marketing and Director of Marketing in identifying the target audience for media campaigns and develop strategies to reach that audience through paid media, long-term partnerships and social/digital platforms.
• Supervise the execution of approved media plans by consistently updating and verifying specifications, flight dates, budgets and delivery information with the media agency and vendors.
• Schedule and traffic various components of the media campaign, making sure to disseminate pertinent information, ensuring efficient workflow and timely delivery of assets.
• Monitor live campaigns and report throughout.
• Assist in the development of promotional materials and messaging that adheres to the program/brand guidelines.
• Work with promotional department to manage timelines and delivery of creative materials.
3) Asset Management
• Coordinate the management and delivery of marketing materials and help manage the distribution of brand approved assets to other divisions.
• Work closely with the head of image management in identifying gallery and key art images that can be posted to the internal image management system and assist in identifying restrictions on use where necessary.
4) Hollywood trade/awards marketing
• Work closely with the Director of Marketing to develop a comprehensive awards marketing strategy for the year.
• Work closely with press to develop and secure approval on all Hollywood trade communications/ads.
• Manage the scheduling of media and manage the delivery of materials.
• Monitor and track competitive advertising and messaging.
• Help manage and monitor the production budget, tracking estimate and invoices required for the budgetary approval process.
• Act as liaison with vendors and budget manager to ensure all paperwork is submitted and payments are issued in a timely manner
1. Management Skills
a) Franchise Management
• Understanding marketing needs
• Understand ancillary business needs
• Intimate knowledge of production process in order to manage vast array of marketing materials
• Understanding of licensing parameters
• Develop and understanding of legal requirements for promotions and contesting
b) Industry knowledge
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry and competitive environment
• Understanding of new media and changing cable landscape
• Familiarity with the goals of key audiences: consumer, affiliate, Hollywood community
c) Excellent communication skills
• Ability to give clear direction to vendors and partners
• Ability to act as marketing liaison to key internal groups
d) Leadership and teamwork
• Ability to independently manage projects, delivering on strategy and on time
e) Ability to maintain attention to detail while working in fast-paced environment
2. Technical/Functional Competencies
• Proficient in word, excel and PowerPoint programs
• Experience interfacing with finance, accounting and legal systems
• Experience managing and interacting with creative assets
• Familiarity with online and new media production
• Familiarity with social media, including Facebook, Twitter and You tube
3. Key Experiences/Achievements
• At least 2-3 years experience in marketing
• Experience working in creative environment
• Previous experience in the television/cable industry a plus
• Experience managing multiple work streams and shifting priorities
• Experience in providing strategic and creative direction to various agencies to ensure desired results