As a part of the AOL Paid Services Member Retention Marketing team, the Senior Marketing Manager contributes to the overall marketing strategy combining product development, promotion opportunities, product distribution, channel deployment, customer relationship management as well as other elements. The Senior Marketing Manager will provide varying levels of marketing strategy, design and marketing content development for membership and subscription-related initiatives in an effort to drive additional revenue for AOL. The Senior Marketing Manager will focus on increasing customer lifetime value by developing, prioritizing, and executing strategies and tactics that impact the levers of Customer Lifetime Value (i.e. activation/adoption, engagement, cross-sell/up-sell, win-back, retention).
Ongoing duties include but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate should have Direct Marketing and Customer Lifecycle Management experience, and possess the analytical expertise for data-driven decision-making. He or she should be comfortable developing and executing against a strategic agenda, and measuring success against clearly defined outcomes. The candidate will be able to thoughtfully contribute in a team environment and be passionate about customer relationship building.
- Create and execute a Customer Retention/Relationship Strategy
- Drive customer activation, usage, engagement/loyalty
- Develop customer insights and an actionable segmentation that will also inform acquisition and website marketing
- Evaluate, test and optimize Customer Lifetime Value by product and channel
- Work with cross-functional teams to design and market new initiatives or products to support AOL’s paid membership base
- Construct channel distribution strategies, programs and processes focused on maximizing lifetime value of AOL’s 3.1M+ dial-up and high-speed users, as well as AOL’s growing Paid Services business that services 700K+ members that are quickly growing into the millions
- Assist in the designing and development of AOL’s marketing and product strategy for the ISP-related products that are included with our membership plans
- Assist with development, content and strategy for all Paid Services member-facing communications
- Help design and implement ongoing testing and optimization for product landing pages, online account management and cancel flows, and other marketing channel creative
- Manage research campaigns that inform AOL management as to what our members value and how we can provide better products in an effort to increase retention, revenue and satisfaction
- Partner with Product Management, Product Marketing and Brand teams to identify opportunities for growth
- Innovate in channel development, including new channels, non-traditional and viral campaigns, and other appropriate vehicles
- Act as channel manager for new testing opportunities outside established channels
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills. Able to communicate retention vision and agenda verbally and visually.
- Highly analytic
- 8-10 years of directly related experience in Direct marketing or Retention marketing
- Able to work collaboratively with other disciplines including Channel Marketing, Product Marketing and Technology teams
- Understand user-research and testing methodologies, and web analytics tools
- Self-starter with demonstrated capability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Program management: expert in managing and prioritizing multiple projects in a deadline-oriented work environment
- Knowledge of Adobe Test and Target platform
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred
- MBA preferred
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...