This is a hybrid role combining Marketing, Business Analysis & Information (BAI) responsibilities with Key Account Management (KAM) tasks. The role is based in Thousand Oaks, California and accountable to the Marketing Director, in-line portfolio. The successful candidate will be assigned to provide analytical support to key Amgen products and develop account plans to help countries maximize sales and access with key customers. This person will:
Establish a competitive intelligence network and processes in the region, within the relevant compliance guidelines
Follow-up of sales, access, price development across key brands and their competitive set
Manage market research projects across brands, in close collaboration with country commercial and SME colleagues
Be a thought partner to SME leads in the countries as they develop and manage market research projects
Create and facilitate a forum for best practice sharing across regional commercial and access functions
Assist Marketing Director in annual brand planning process
Coordinate regional activities at ASCO, ASN and AHA (and related meetings) in concert with Scientific Affairs
Be responsible for KAM training by leveraging Zug materials and via management of third party vendors. Specifically, training includes:
How to segment accounts based on key attributes (price sensitivity, value prioritization, etc.)
Development of strategies for each account based on segmentation
Assisting stakeholders on how to message and approach key accounts and decision making groups (DMG) based on segmentation
Conducting negotiation training as needed in local markets
Training on available KAM calculators and other tools, so that countries can adapt locally
Leading price tendering and tendering excellence training
Managing value selling training (customer negotiations based on facts vs emotional arguments).
Share best practices from Zug’s pricing university and coordinate knowledge sharing in the Region
Coordinate VIVA adoption in the Region; including investigating opportunities for feasibility in Brazil and Mexico
Develop and maintain Regional dashboard/Regional scorecard including KPIs for account management for in-line products in Brazil and Mexico, and for all pipeline products across the region
Manage one brand at regional level as required by needs and workload of regional commercial team.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 year of directly related experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry.
• Experience that proves thorough understanding of the key sales drivers in the hospital pharmaceutical market
• Demonstrated experience in working in multinational companies and cross-functional environments
• 4+ years of forecasting, market research, or business analytics experience in the biopharmaceutical or other healthcare industries.
• Experience with advanced spreadsheets, modeling software, reporting software, and database design.
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills; able to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
• Strong project management skills—able to organize and complete multiple projects efficiently and on time
• Demonstrated analytical skills combined with a client service orientation
• Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
• Good understanding of the latest developments in the biopharmaceutical industry, and unmet medical needs and opportunities in the assigned therapeutic area
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
• Advanced degree (MS/MBA)
• Experience within the Oncology, Bone Health, or Inflammation therapeutic area.
• Written and oral fluency in Spanish and Portuguese
Amgen - 15 months ago
Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and medicinal...