The Marketing Proposal Lead is responsible for the overall management of the activities supporting the business development and marketing function, primarily the development, implementation and on-going oversight of a high-quality, efficient proposal and presentation processes for the National Healthcare vertical. This position promotes Balfour Beatty Construction as a builder and consultant for healthcare clients nationally through the execution of tradeshow and event planning, presentation creation, and public relations. Other responsibilities include leading, developing and evaluating internal marketing staff or outside consulting support, while maintaining a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding internal and external customer needs and expectations. In addition, t he position requires a tenacious communicator with outstanding writing and grammar skills, exceptionally organized with some graphics and layout experience.
Promotion of the Balfour Beatty Brand
- Manage production of healthcare mega-project pursuit presentations and associated graphics.
- Support division-led healthcare pursuits providing project and personnel information, approach narrative, and project specific case studies. Provide review of division-led pursuit materials and guidance on tailoring materials to healthcare clients.
- Support and implement proposal and presentation strategies, including the creation of compelling sales verbiage (i.e. key benefits statements, differentiation strategy, etc.).
- Improve, refine and update all boilerplate proposal information related to healthcare on a continual basis.
- Create tactical marketing pieces and customized collateral for national healthcare market.
- Provide presentation coaching and media training for appropriate personnel.
- Build knowledge of the construction process, delivery methods and our capabilities as well as industry changes.
Other Administrative Management
- Identify opportunities and submit abstracts for speaking engagements appropriate for company subject matter experts.
- Determine appropriate conference and tradeshows for exhibiting. Plan and execute show efforts.
Promote Customer Relations
- Update CRM On Demand database with information compiled as a result of proposal and presentation efforts.
- Develop and maintain business development/marketing tools and resources, including brochures, advertising templates, direct mail campaigns, award nominations and public relations materials to support the acquisition of new healthcare business.
- Support South Central Region executive and human resources related communication efforts. Create communication pieces that support company-wide and region related initiatives.
Culture & Leadership
- Build effective relationships with internal customers that reflect and support company core values and meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participate in industry, client, company and community relations to enhance company image.
- Promote our Creed. Communicate our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
- Serve as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
Embrace key BBC-wide initiatives, like Zero Harm, Sustainability, and core Values, and does one’s part to demonstrate relentless behaviors and embeds them into our culture.
Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Job Description - Requirements
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
· B.S. in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field, plus five years of experience preferred.
· Healthcare industry knowledge preferred.
· Architectural, Engineering, and Construction industry knowledge preferred.
· Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
· Supervises and develops direct reports while prioritizing and delegating responsibilities to others.
· Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written skills.
· Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office), and multi-media tools included in the Adobe Creative Suite.
· Demonstrates the ability to make decisions under tight deadlines and in the face of incomplete information.
Balfour Beatty Construction is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Balfour Beatty Construction is deep in the heart of Texas -- and beyond. The company provides start-to-finish project management,...