Bedford/St. Martin’s has an immediate opening for a marketing manager for history and music.
• Create and execute internal and external strategic marketing plans, in coordination with the Bedford/St. Martin’s marketing and editorial team, to promote titles for the history and music lists to achieve sales forecasts.
• Create and drive national individual choice campaigns in history to increase individual choice sales and create systems and tools that help train reps to work their IC departments more effectively.
• Travel with sales representatives in the U.S. and Canada to close sales, provide training on the discipline, and gather market feedback. This would amount to an extensive travel schedule during peak selling periods.
• Communicate regularly with the sales force regarding the list, competition, important adoptions, and sales strategies.
• Help to manage key adoptions of Bedford/St. Martin’s textbooks, as well as to devise and implement short and long-term strategies for key competitive adoptions.
• Help to coordinate, develop, and communicate essential product information working with editors, authors, the advertising group, and market development to develop accurate and current data that will serve as the basis for catalogs, brochures, space advertising and training materials.
• Plan and conduct product training sessions at national sales meetings. This includes helping to set the agenda, directing and rehearsing presenters, coordinating collateral materials, and running the sessions.
• Organize and attend national and regional conferences.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Two or more years of successful sales or marketing management experience in college textbook publishing.
• Excellently demonstrated product knowledge and sales history in the humanities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; specifically, writing skills will be evaluated during the selection process.
• Strong demonstrated ability to close adoptions.
• Strong demonstrated track record in providing timely and relevant market feedback.
• Willingness to travel.
• This position is preferably based in our Boston office.
Macmillan - 10 months ago