Purpose of Position: The Marketing Manager will be an integral part of the success of the entire hotel as well as the sales & marketing department. This position contributes to and supports the development of marketing materials, maintains marketing-specific content across a variety of materials and websites, organizes and coordinates various processes managed by the department.
• Collaborate between departments to oversee collateral development and manage brand presence across the hotel.
• Develop new ideas for promotions and programming that support and create excitement around the brand.
• Work with our digital agency to develop and distribute robust content across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. Actively manage these channels to cultivate customer relationships and engage prospective clients.
• Manage brand websites and content distribution across the internet.
• Manage promotional calendars, timelines, processes and ROI tracking.
• Update internal marketing communications throughout hotel and restaurant area.
• Work with Director of Sales to manage projects including email marketing, promotion planning, and overall brand management.
• Develop programs to manage and grow guest database.
• Manage day-to-day execution of promotions, meeting coordination and creative approvals.
• Work closely with agencies to engage customers and develop innovative social media content in the form of photos, video and contesting.
• Work within a team environment to develop promotional strategies and campaigns that cultivate new customers and generate high ROI
• Assist with PR activities
• Work with agencies to manage and measure paid search and display advertising.
• Create and analyze reports on campaign effectiveness in an effort to maximize results.
• Monitor marketplace competitors and share this information with the team.
• Contribute to thought leadership at the hotel in the areas of PR, community participation, and brand development.
• Liaise with printing vendor on behalf of all departments (menus, in-room collateral).
• Manage invitations and RSVP’s for customer events.
• Assist with development and implementation of annual Strategic Plan
• Responsible for any other tasks as assigned by the General Manager or Director of Sales & Marketing
Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
Outstanding organizational and project management skills with strong attention to detail
Proactive with a proven ability to take initiative and follow-through
Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism
Ability to follow verbal directives and apply to multiple projects
Demonstrates the ability to remain flexible, quickly adapt and work effectively with changing/competing work priorities
Experience or Training Required:
College degree preferred
Minimum 2-3 years experience, preferably within a marketing organization, advertising agency or hotel marketing department
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with advance PowerPoint skills in design, formatting, and charting
Experience with social media
Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job