Clariant is a publicly-traded, Swiss-based global leader in the field of specialty chemicals. Strong business relationships, commitment to outstanding service and a wide-range of application know-how, make Clariant a preferred partner for its customers around the world. The company, which is represented on five continents with over 100 group companies, employs around 22,000 people.
Clariant's Business Unit Industrial & Consumer Specialties (ICS) is a leading provider of specialty chemicals and application solutions for consumer care and industrial markets. The BU combines high quality products with formulation expertise across diverse industries to deliver solutions with compelling cost-performance ratios and environmental benefits to customers. The focus on ecologically sustainable development ranges from skin care formulations based on raw materials from renewable resources to recycling concepts for aviation de-icing products, which are promoted under our ECOTAIN label.
To develop and implement an effective Marketing Plan for the designated business segments thus ensuring maximum success. A thorough plan will include market research to determine trends, product positioning including competitive landscape, promotional programs and effective communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for planning and initiating B2B market research using in house tools (Euromonitor, Frost & Sullivan, Mintel, etc) to determine trends, industry needs, and customer preferences, to optimize product portfolio and develop targeted markets; and assist sales with customer strategies
• Effectively position the products within the marketplace taking full advantage of competitive weaknesses and product selling points.
• Work closely with Corporate Communications to effectively coordinate the promotional campaigns (including product literature, brochures, advertising campaigns and communication plans) for the designated product lines to maximize product visibility and ensure consistency with global marketing strategies
• Assist in planning and participation in tradeshows, seminars, and other sales events
• Assist in establishing regional marketing objectives and strategies in conjunction with business segment heads
• Establish lead tracking practices and procedures and monitor program to ensure maximum development of lead potential by sales (Innovadex)
• Constantly monitor market and competitive activities and develop competitive database to capture this data for meaningful use by the sales teams. Maintain competitive database of market dynamics such as competitive pricing, marketing and position strategies, industry consolidation, customer attitudes and perceptions, industry trends, and emerging challenges to the business segments
• Maintain effective relationships with internal departments necessary Effectively interact with customers, industry leaders, market influencers, and competitive colleagues to enhance corporate visibility and product line success
• Maintain professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
• Be flexible with respect to job responsibilities and consistently strive to be an effective team member.
• Strive to advance your skills and display a willingness to accept future development.
• Actively participate in CLARIANT and/or external training opportunities to further develop skills applicable to the department. Participates in sales meetings and works in the field periodically to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of marketing programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in B2B marketing and preferably in the Chemical Industry.
• Experience in executing a brand strategy through multiple tactical elements on time.
• Must be creative and have excellent written and verbal skills, and the ability to effectively present information to top management, sales personnel and large groups.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability to include proactive information gathering, strategic inquiry, systematic thinking and interpersonal assessment.
• Must have proven analytical skills and an aptitude for highly technical data/materials.
• Must be results oriented, resourceful, and willing to take initiative.
• Excellent skills in planning, organizing, and leadership.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
CLARIANT - 21 months ago
Clariant Corporation is clearly into the chemicals business. As the North American subsidiary of Swiss specialty chemicals maker Clariant...