Job Title: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department/Location: Marketing & Communications - Charlotte, NC
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Who We Are
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority will leverage our hospitality marketing and management expertise to maximize the impact of the Charlotte Region's economy...creating opportunities and jobs for our community.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the coordination and tactical execution of successful advertising campaigns and promotions to help CRVA facilities to meet their business objectives.
Essential Job Duties
- Oversees tactical planning, execution, optimization and post-event reporting for advertising and promotional campaigns:
- Consumer campaigns
- Promotes Charlotte as a visitor destination with the objective of attracting overnight business as related to tourism/leisure travel
- Drives ticket sales/attendance at CRVA facilities: NASCAR Hall of Fame, Bojangles’ Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium.
- Business to Business campaigns
- Position Charlotte as the destination of choice for meetings and conventions.
- Promote facility rentals at the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- Ensures traffic instructions and creative elements are in place for proper execution by media outlets, review all media invoicing for accuracy, coordinate all make-goods for under delivery, and reconcile proof of performance for departmental reporting/presentations.
- Negotiates and execute media buys, on behalf of event/concert promoters, for events at Bojangles’ Coliseum and Ovens Auditorium.
- Responsible for keeping venue websites up to date with approved promotional materials.
- Assists in identifying market opportunities and developing short and long-term marketing strategies.
- Advises, directs and approves plans for tactical execution of on-site and off-site events to drive awareness, interest, and attendance at CRVA facilities.
- Creates lead-generation programs and/or sweepstakes for all CRVA.
- Collaborates with Communications teammates for all advertorial and marketing collateral needs.
- Makes effective presentations before groups and listen and responds to questions and inquiries clearly.
- Manages schedule and programming of electronic video displays at CRVA facilities (video boards, in-house television network, box office screens, etc.).
- Identifies cross-promotional opportunities between CRVA brands.
- Staffs programs and events at CRVA venues and external locations, as needed.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job is responsible for budgetary analysis, preparation, and review assistance.
- This job will have periodic access to confidential data including company records and/or minutes, customer quotes, product costs, and company plans, designs, and/or programs.
- Directly supervises one employee. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Language Ability: Requires strong negotiation skills, excellent written expression, oral comprehension, and written comprehension. Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication. Ability to demonstrate political savvy.
- Math Ability: Ability to analyze financial information to manage a budget and calculate return on investment figures as it relates to departmental objectives.
- Reasoning Ability: Must possess organizational and analytical skills, and deductive reasoning, creativity, idea generation, and a keen eye for detail. Ability and flexibility to effectively manage and facilitate multiple projects and issues simultaneously and meet deadlines. Ability to maintain composure and clarity of thought and purpose when confronted with highly stressful situations. Ability to demonstrate effective analytical, problem identification and resolution skills.
- Customer Service Ability: Ability to anticipate customer needs, builds positive relationships with customers and vendors, goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs, treats all customers and vendors with highest degree of respect and courtesy, and delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to work within budget and maximize dollars spent.
- Demonstrated success in execution of successful marketing programs.
- Thorough understanding of branding principles and tactics across all mediums.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization, work with team members, flexibility and willingness to negotiate and compromise.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, and five to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; experience should be in area of execution and planning as opposed to media sales.
- Prior experience and knowledge of either the tourism industry or attractions marketing required.
- Previous media buying and finance/contract/rates experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Experience working with third party vendors such as printers, agencies or freelancers.
- Advertising/promotions contacts within the Charlotte DMA is a plus.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Ability to travel, work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays and mornings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Guide to Hotels at Charlotte Convention Center. Book your Charlotte Convention Center Hotel and save.