Code for America is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager. The goal of the position is tell Code for America ’s story to prospective and current partners, donors, supporters and fellows in such a way that communicates the organization ’s value, as well as its values and mission. The Marketing Manager reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and is part of the organization ’s newly formed revenue team, working closely with CfA ’s fundraisers, the government recruitment manager, and an administrative assistant to ensure the organization has the right partners and sufficient funds to meet its goals each year. |
The marketing manager will plan and execute a full range of marketing activities, including managing the CfA website, creating web, print and video collateral, and ensuring effective ongoing communications with our key constituencies. This is a hands-on, intense, rewarding position that requires excellent writing, planning and management skills. Successful candidates will have a passion for Code for America ’s mission and enjoy understanding the needs of leaders in the public sector and philanthropy.
The marketing coordinator will work full-time out of our headquarters located at 155 9th St., San Francisco, CA.
- Develop and manage the Code for America web presence and online brand
- Create materials to support our three revenue streams: contracts with our government partners, grants from foundations, and individual and corporate donors
- Develop, draft, and distribute ongoing communications (e.g. newsletters) to our stakeholders
- Plan and execute the annual fellowship recruitment program
- Manage various outreach channels, including social media channels, for the organization
- Manage trade show activity and attend conferences and trade shows
- Management of CfA ’s growing mailing lists
- Build and maintain contact lists
About Code for America
- Proven ability to convey the impact of an organization ’s work in ways that are meaningful and accessible
- Basic database marketing knowledge
- Strong social media skills and demonstrated ability to engage through multiple channels
- Proven ability to manage a large, complex web presence and keep it relevant, up-to-date, and effective
- Familiarity with the technology industry, particularly tech startups
- Fluid communication skills, whether in person, on the phone, or in writing.
We are a three year old startup non-profit with a great culture and a huge opportunity to make a difference. We work collaboratively and agilely and strive to learn from everything we do. We care about results and trust our teams to manage their own time, so we don ’t have a set time off policy. We respect each other, work hard, and have a great time together. We ’re looking for a few unique individuals who share our vision, our values, and our willingness to do what it takes to achieve an ambitious mission over the next few years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition (cancer-related) or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Code for America - 14 months ago
CFA is a new non-profit organization that helps city governments by enlisting the nation's most promising developers to apply the principles...